Search This Blog

Friday 29 March 2019

4th Sunday of Lent 31 March 2019

Entrance  865 Here I am Lord
Gospel Acclamation #200 Praise to you  (Farrell)
Offertory  610 Take our bread
Holy Holy  plainchant
Mem. Acc plainchant
Communion
842 Come back to me
776 You are mine
final 846 Amazing grace

Entrance  865 Here I am, Lord

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Refrain:
Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have born my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them, They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them,
Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them,
My hand will save
Finest bread I will provide,
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give My life to them,
Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

Gospel Acclamation   200 Praise to you  (Farrell)

Praise to you, O Christ, our Saviour,
Word of the Father, calling us to life;
Son of God who leads us to freedom:
glory to you, Lord Jesus Christ!


Offertory  610 Take our bread

Refrain:
Take our bread, we ask You,
Take our hearts, we love You,
Take our lives, oh Father,
We are Yours, we are Yours.

Yours as we stand at the table You set,
Yours as we eat the bread our hearts can't forget.
We are the signs of Your life with us yet;
We are Yours, we are Yours.

Your holy people stand washed in Your blood,
Spirit filled, yet hungry, we await Your food.
Poor though we are, we have brought
Ourselves to You:
We are Yours, we are Yours.


Holy, Holy Plainchant   

Mem. Acc Plainchant  


Communion
842 Come back to me 
1. Come back to me with all your heart,
don't let fear keep us apart.
Trees do bend, tho' straight and tall;
so must we to others' call.

Refrain:
Long have I waited for your coming home to me
and living deeply our new life.

2. The wilderness will lead you
to your heart where I will speak.
Integrity and justice
with tenderness you shall know. (Refrain)

3. You shall sleep secure with peace;
faithfulness will be your joy. (Refrain)

(interlude)
repeat verse 1 & refrain


776 You are mine 

I will come to you in the silence
I will lift you from all your fear
You will hear My voice
I claim you as My choice
Be still, and know I am here

I am hope for all who are hopeless
I am eyes for all who long to see
In the shadows of the night,
I will be your light
Come and rest in Me

Chorus:
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine

I am strength for all the despairing
Healing for the ones who dwell in shame
All the blind will see, the lame will all run free
And all will know My name (Chorus)

I am the Word that leads all to freedom
I am the peace the world cannot give
I will call your name, embracing all your pain
Stand up, now, walk, and live (Chorus)
 

final 846 Amazing grace

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

No comments:

Post a Comment