Search This Blog

Friday 15 March 2019

Hymns for 2nd Sunday of Lent Year C (17th March 2019) - 10:30am Mass SSMM Parish

Entrance:  970 Be thou my vision
Gospel acc:  200 Praise to you o Christ
Offertory: 604 lord accept these gifts
Communion: 
720 be still for the presence 
792 eye has not seen 
Final 883 Christ be my light


Entrance970 Be Thou my Vision

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought in the day and the night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my wisdom, be Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my breastplate, my sword for the fight;
Be Thou my armour, and be Thou my might;
Thou my soul’s shelter, and Thou my high tower:
Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance through all of my days;
Thou and Thou only, the first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my treasure Thou art!

High King of Heaven, when battle is done,
Grant Heaven’s joys to me, O bright heaven’s sun!
Christ of my own heart, whatever befall,
still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.


Gospel acc:  200 Praise to you  (Farrell)

Praise to you, O Christ, our Saviour,
Word of the Father, calling us to life;
Son of God who leads us to freedom:
glory to you, Lord Jesus Christ!


Offertory604  Lord, accept the gifts we offer (tune of Let us bow in adoration)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IuAhZ7PCBY (same tune, different lyrics. Ignore chorus)

Lord accept the gifts we offer
at this Eucharistic feast,
bread and wine to be transformed now
through the action of thy priest.
Take us, too, Lord, and transform us,
be thy grace in us increased.

May our souls be pure and spotless
as the host of wheat so fine;
may all stain of sin be crushed out,
like the grape that forms the wine,
as we, too, become partakers
in this sacrifice divine.

Take our gifts, almighty Father,
living God, eternal, true,
which we give through Christ, our Saviour,
pleading here for us anew.
Grant salvation to all present,
and our faith and love renew.

Mem. Acc Plainchant  https://youtu.be/L5M-hQeiZYQ

Communion: 
720 Be still, for the presence of the Lord

Be still for the presence of the Lord
The Holy One is here
Come bow before Him now
With reverence and fear
In Him no sin is found
We stand on holy ground
Be still for the presence of the Lord
The Holy One is here

Be still for the glory of the Lord
Is shining all around
He burns with holy fire
With splendour He is crowned
How awesome is the sight
Our radiant King of Light
Be still for the glory of the Lord
Is shining all around

Be still for the power of the Lord
Is moving in this place
He comes to cleanse and heal
To minister His grace
No work too hard for Him
In faith receive from Him
Be still for the power of the Lord
Is moving in this place


792 Eye has not seen

Refrain:
Eye has not seen, ear has not heard
what God has ready for those who love him.
Spirit of love, come, give us the mind of Jesus;
teach us the wisdom of God.

When pain and sorrow weigh us down,
be near to us, O Lord;
Forgive the weakness of our faith,
and bear us up within your peaceful word. (Refrain)

Our lives are but a single breath,
we flower and we face;
Yet all our days are in your hands,
so we return in love what love has made. (Refrain)

To those who see with eyes of faith,
the Lord is ever near,
Reflected in the faces
of all the poor and lowly of the world. (Refrain)

We sing a mystery from the past
in halls where saints have trod;
Yet ever new the music rings
to Jesus living Song of God. (Refrain)


Final 883 Christ be our Light

1. Longing for light, we wait in darkness.
Longing for truth, we turn to you.
Make us your own, your holy people,
light for the world to see.

Refrain
Christ, be our light! Shine in our hearts.
Shine through the darkness.
Christ, be our light!
Shine in your church gathered today.

2. Longing for peace, our world is troubled.
Longing for hope, many despair.
Your word alone has pow’r to save us.
Make us your living voice.

3. Longing for food, many are hungry.
Longing for water, many still thirst.
Make us your bread, broken for others,
shared until all are fed.

4. Longing for shelter, many are homeless.
Longing for warmth, many are cold.
Make us your building, sheltering others,
walls made of living stone.

5. Many the gifts, many the people,
many the hearts that yearn to belong.
Let us be servants to one another,
making your kingdom come.

No comments:

Post a Comment