Search This Blog

Saturday 23 March 2019

3rd Sunday of Lent 24 March 2019 10:30 Mass SSMM Parish

Entrance  865 Here I am
Gospel Acclamation #200 Praise to you  (Farrell)
Offertory  874 Take my life
Holy Holy  plainchant
Mem. Acc plainchant
Communion
720 Be still for the presence of the Lord
786 Turn to me
final 721 O Lord, my God (How great thou art)


Entrance  865 Here I am, Lord

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Refrain:
Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have born my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them, They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them,
Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them,
My hand will save
Finest bread I will provide,
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give My life to them,

Whom shall I send? (Refrain)


Gospel Acclamation 200 Praise to you  (Farrell)

Praise to you, O Christ, our Saviour,
Word of the Father, calling us to life;
Son of God who leads us to freedom:

glory to you, Lord Jesus Christ!

Offertory  874 Take my life

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and purposeful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my intellect, and use every power as thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure-store.

Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

Holy, Holy Plainchant   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzqtth5vFZM

Mem. Acc Plainchant  https://youtu.be/L5M-hQeiZYQ

Communion
720 Be still for the presence of the Lord

Be still for the presence of the Lord
The Holy One is here
Come bow before Him now
With reverence and fear
In Him no sin is found
We stand on holy ground
Be still for the presence of the Lord
The Holy One is here

Be still for the glory of the Lord
Is shining all around
He burns with holy fire
With splendour He is crowned
How awesome is the sight
Our radiant King of Light
Be still for the glory of the Lord
Is shining all around

Be still for the power of the Lord
Is moving in this place
He comes to cleanse and heal
To minister His grace
No work too hard for Him
In faith receive from Him
Be still for the power of the Lord

Is moving in this place


786 Turn to Me

Refrain:
Turn to me, O turn and be saved, says the Lord,
for I am God;
There is no other, none beside me.
I call your name.

I am God who comforts you;
who are you to be afraid,
of flesh that fades,
is made like the grass of the field,
soon to wither.

Listen to me, my people;
Give ear to me, my nation:
a law will go forth from me,
and my justice for a light to the people.

Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
and look at the earth down below.
the heavens will vanish like smoke,

and the earth will wear out like a garment.

final 721 O Lord my God (how great thou art)

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
(refrain)

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
(refrain)

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!" (refrain)



No comments:

Post a Comment