Search This Blog

Saturday 2 March 2019

8th Sunday OT 3RD March 2019 SSMM 10:30 Mass

Entrance: 820 seek ye first
Gloria Gloria (gathering Mass)
Alleluia:  178 halle
Offertory:  605 Take our bread
Sanctus:  570 Holy holy (Gathering Mass)
Memorial Acclamation  571b when we eat (Gathering Mass)
Communion:  
970 be thou my vision
979 O the word of my Lord
Final: 920 A New Commandment

Entrance: 820 Seek ye first the kingdom of God
http://youtu.be/fH8bV7rUVaU  (original version has the descant alleleuia which we sing as a separate refrain)
http://youtu.be/9LMQfOp9w8k   (this version has no refrain/descant)

Seek ye first the kingdom of God
and His righteousness,
and all these things shall be added unto you;
Allelu, alleluia.

(Refrain/descant)
Alleluia, alleluia
Alleluia, alleluia
Allelu, alleluia

Ask and it shall be given unto you,
seek and ye shall find;
knock and it shall be opened unto you;
Allelu, alleluia.  (Refrain)

We do not live by bread alone
but by ev’ry word
that comes forth from the mouth of God;
Allelu, alleluia. (Refrain)

Where two or three are gathered in my name,
there am I in your midst;
and whatsoever you ask I will do;
Allelu, alleluia. (Refrain)

Seek ye first the kingdom of God
And His righteousness
And all these things shall be added unto you
Allelu, alleluia (Refrain)

Gloria Gloria Gathering Mass (revised)  -

REFRAIN
Glory, glory to God,
glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace, on earth
peace to people of good will.
(All: repeat)

We praise you, we bless you,
we adore you, we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father.
(Refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ, Lord Jesus Christ,
Only    Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy, mercy on us;
(All: have mercy, mercy on us;)
you take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;  receive our prayer
(All: receive our prayer; receive our prayer)
you are seated at the right hand
at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy, mercy on us
(All: have mercy, mercy on us)

(Interlude:)
(REFRAIN)

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the Glory, glory of God,
the glory of God the Father.

(REFRAIN)
Amen. 
(All: Amen)

Alleluia:  178 Caribbean Alleulia (Halle, Halle, Halle)
Refrain:

Halle halle Halle–luia ( 3 x)
Halle-luia! Halle-luia!


Offertory: 610 Take our bread

Refrain:
Take our bread, we ask You,
Take our hearts, we love You,
Take our lives, oh Father,
We are Yours, we are Yours.

Yours as we stand at the table You set,
Yours as we eat the bread our hearts can't forget.
We are the signs of Your life with us yet;
We are Yours, we are Yours.

Your holy people stand washed in Your blood,
Spirit filled, yet hungry, we await Your food.
Poor though we are, we have brought
Ourselves to You:
We are Yours, we are Yours.


Sanctus:  Holy Holy         570s Holy, Holy, Holy (The Revised Gathering Mass)

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord,
Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth, Heaven and earth
are full of your glory, Lord God of hosts.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest.

Blessed, blessed is he who comes,
Blessed, blessed is he who comes,
Blessed is he, blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest

Mem Acc.: 571b Memorial Acc. 2 (The Revised Gathering Mass) – melody only

When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
until you come again.
(repeat refrain)

Communion:  
970 Be Thou my Vision

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought in the day and the night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my wisdom, be Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my breastplate, my sword for the fight;
Be Thou my armour, and be Thou my might;
Thou my soul’s shelter, and Thou my high tower:
Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance through all of my days;
Thou and Thou only, the first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my treasure Thou art!

High King of Heaven, when battle is done,
Grant Heaven’s joys to me, O bright heaven’s sun!
Christ of my own heart, whatever befall,
still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

979 Oh the Word of my Lord

Chorus
Oh the Word of my Lord,
Deep within my being.
Oh The Word of my Lord,
You have filled my mind.

Verse 1
Before I formed you in the womb,
I knew you thru’ and thru’
I chose you to be mine
Before you left your mother’s side
I called to you my child
To be my sign.

Verse 2
I know that you are very young,
But I will make you strong
I will fill you with my word,
and you will travel through the land
Fulfilling my command
Which you have learned.

Verse 3
And everywhere you are to go,
My hand will follow you
You will not be alone.
In all the danger that you fear
You’ll find me very near,
Your words my own

Final: 920 A new commandment

A new commandment I give unto you,
That you love one another as I have loved you,
That you love one another as I have loved you.

By this shall all mankind know you are my disciples,
if you have love one for another.
By this shall all mankind know you are My disciples,
if you have love one for another.

A new commandment I give unto you,
That you love one another as I have loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment