Search This Blog

Friday 5 April 2019

5th Sunday Lent 7th April 2019

Entrance          695 Glory and praise to our God
Gospel acc      200 Praise to you
Off                   Blest are you Lord 
Holy                 Plain chant
Memorial Acc  Plainchant We proclaim
Comm             218 Deep within
                       397 No Longer I                    
End                  849 God forgave my sins


Entrance         695 Glory and praise to our God

Refrain:
Glory and praise to our God,
Who alone gives light to our days.
Many are the blessings He bears,
To those who trust in His ways.

We the daughters and sons of Him,
Who built the valleys and plains.
Praise the wonders our God has done,
In every heart that sings.

In His wisdom He strengthens us,
Like gold that's tested in fire.
Though the power of sin prevails,
Our God is there to save.

Every moment of every day,
Our God is waiting to save.
Always ready to seek the lost,
To answer those who pray.

God has watered our barren land
And spent his merciful rain
Now the rivers of life run full for
Anyone to drink.


Gospel acc      200 Praise to you  (Farrell)

Praise to you, O Christ, our Saviour,
Word of the Father, calling us to life;
Son of God who leads us to freedom:
glory to you, Lord Jesus Christ!

193 Return to God

Refrain:
Return to God with all your heart,
the source of grace and mercy;
come seek the tender faithfulness of God (repeat)

1. Now the time of grace has come,
the day of salvation;
come and learn now
the way of our God

2. I will take your heart of stone
and place a heart within you,
A heart of compassion and love

3. If you break the chains of oppression,
if you set the pris'ner free;
if you share your bread with the hungry,
give protection to the lost;

give a shelter to the homeless,
clothe the naked in your midst,
then your light shall break forth
like the dawn

Offertory          603 Blest are you Lord

Blest are You, Lord, God of all creation,
thanks to your goodness this bread we offer:
fruit of the earth, work of our hands,
it will become the bread of life.

Refrain:
Blessed be God! Blessed be God!
Blessed be God forever, Amen!
Blessed be God! Blessed be God!
Blessed be God forever, Amen!

Blest are You, Lord, God of all creation,
thanks to your goodness this wine we offer:
fruit of the earth, work of our hands,
it will become the cup of life.



Holy Holy                 Plain chant

Memorial Acc  Plainchant We proclaim


Communion             

218 Deep Within

Refrain:
Deep within, I will plant my law,
not on stone, but in your heart.
Follow me; I will bring you back.
You will be my own, and I will be your God.

1. I will give you a new heart, a new spirit within you,
for I will be your strength.

2. Seek my face, and see your God,
for I will be your hope.

3. Return to me, with all your heart,
and I will bring you back.


397  No Longer I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aHneNl38fM

Refrain:
No longer I, but Christ who lives within me:
this poverty; a treasure rich beyond compare.

The life we live is not our own.
Christ lives within us, the seed that must be sown.
Formed in the pattern of God's love.
We die to rise with the Lord.

We have been clothed in Christ,
children of freedom, of justice and new life.
To him whose dying set us free,
we give our lives, our liberty.

Then may we bear the cross of Christ
and wear the brand-marks of Jesus in our flesh;
as wounded healers we become,
images of the risen one.



Final 849 God forgave my sins (Freely, freely)

God forgave my sin in Jesus' name.
I've been born again in Jesus' name
And in Jesus' name I come to you
To share his love as he told me to.

Refrain:
He said 'Freely, freely you have received;
freely, freely give.
Go in my name, and because you believe
others will know that I live.

All pow'r is giv'n in Jesus' name;
in earth and heav'n in Jesus' name;
and in Jesus' name I come to you
to share his pow'r as he told me to.

God gives us life in Jesus' name;
he lives in us in Jesus' name;
and in Jesus' name I come to you
to share his peace as he told me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment