Search This Blog

Thursday 17 May 2018

Hymns for Pentecost Sunday SSMM 10:30 Mass 20th May 2018

Pentecost 10:30 Mass 20th May 2018
 
Entrance Here I am to worship (sheet) 
Gloria 489 mass of Creation
Psalm Spoken
Gospel Acclamation 261 Alleluia for Easter (with verse for Pentecost)
Offertory 624 in the breaking of the bread 
Holy, Holy 490 mass of Creation
Mem. Acc 491 mass of Creation we proclaim
Lamb of God plainchant
Communion 1 305 Enemy of apathy
Communion 2 306 Spirit of the living God
Final 864 God's Spirit is in my heart (go tell everyone)
 
Entrance  Here I am to worship  http://youtu.be/ZUh8ltwxB_I

Light of the world you stepped down into darkness,
Opened my eyes let me see.
Beauty that made this heart adore you
Hope of a life spent with you.

Chorus:
Here I am to worship.
Here I am to bow down.
Here I am to say that you're my God
You're altogether lovely,
Altogether worthy,
Altogether wonderful to me.


King of all days oh so highly exalted
Glorious in heaven above.
Humbly you came to the earth you created,
All for love's sake became  poor.

(Repeat Chorus)

Bridge: (X 3)
I'll never know, how much it costs
To see my sin,  upon that cross

Chorus (x2)
 
Gloria 489 The Gloria (Mass of Creation – revised setting)

Refrain:
Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to people
of good will. (repeat first time)

We praise you,
we bless you,
we adore you,
we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father. (refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ, Only Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us;
you take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;
you are seated at the right hand
of the Father,
have mercy on us.  (refrain)

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High,
Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father.
Amen.  (refrain)
 
 
Psalm Spoken
 
Gospel Acclamation 261 Alleluia (Gospel Acclamation for Easter) (with verse for Pentecost)
 
Offertory 624 in the breaking of the bread 

Refrain:
In the breaking of the bread
We have known him; we have been fed.
Jesus the stranger, Jesus the Lord,
Be our companion, be our hope.

Bread for the journey, strength for our years,
manna of ages of struggle and tears.
Cup of salvation, fruit of the land,
bless and receive now the work of our hands. (refrain)

Bread for the promise, people of hope,
wine of compassion, life for the world.
Gathered at table, joined as his body,
sealed in the Spirit, sent by the Lord. (refrain)
 
Holy, Holy 490s  Holy Holy     Mass of Creation (revised setting)

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest.
Blessed is he who comes in the name
of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.

491s Memorial Acc. 1 -Mass of Creation (revised setting)
We proclaim your Death, O Lord,
and profess your Resurrection
until you come again, until you come again.

Lamb of God plainchant
 
Communion 1  305 Enemy of apathy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwsiXzcYFis

She sits like a bird, brooding on the waters,
Hov'ring on the chaos of the world’s first day;
She sighs and she sings, mothering creation,
Waiting to give birth to all the Word will say.

She wings over earth, resting where she wishes,
Lighting close at hand or soaring through the skies;
She nests in the womb, welcoming each wonder,
Nourishing potential hidden to our eyes.

She dances in fire, startling her spectators,
Waking tongues of ecstasy where dumbness reigned;
She weans and inspires all whose hearts are open,
Nor can she be captured, silenced or restrained.

For she is the Spirit, one with God in essence,
Gifted by the Saviour in eternal love;
She is the key opening the scriptures,
Enemy of apathy and heavenly dove.
Communion 2   306 Spirit of the living god
A capella: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShhUWVKZnEk

Spirit of the living God,
fall afresh on me;
Spirit of the living God,
fall afresh on me.
Break me, melt me, mould me, fill me.
Spirit of the living God,
fall afresh on me.
(repeat from beginning)
 
 
Final   864 Go Tell Everyone (God's Spirit is in my heart)

1. God's Spirit is in my heart
Who has called me and set me apart.
This is what I have to do,
what I have to do.

Refrain:
He sent me to give the good news to the poor,
tell prisoners that they are prisoners no more.
Tell blind people that they can see,
and set the down-trodden free.
And go tell everyone 
the news that the kingdom of God has come.
 And go tell everyone
the news that God's kingdom has come.

2.Just as the Father sent me,
so I am sending you out to be
my witnesses throughout His world.
The whole of the world.

3. Don't carry a load in your pack,
you don't need two shirts on your back.
The workman can earn his own keep,
Can earn his own keep.

4.Don't worry what you have to say.
Don't worry because on that day,
God's Spirit will speak in your heart,
will speak in your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment