Search This Blog

Friday 4 May 2018

Hymns for 6th sunday Eastertide SSMM 10:30 Mass May 6 2018

Entrance 869 Lord of Creation (tune of Be thou my vision)
Gloria Gathering mass  
Gospel Acclamation: 261 Gospel Acclamation for Easter including verse 6b 
Offertory 603 Blest are you Lord 
Holy Holy 570s Holy, Holy, Holy (The Revised Gathering Mass) 
Mem. Acc 571b Memorial Acc. 2 (Gathering Mass) when we eat 
Communion: 627 This is my body
859 we have been told
final 920 A New Commandment
 
Entrance 869 Lord of creation  (tune of 970 Be thou my vision)
modern piano version (just to listen to) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYuhFBQDv00

Lord of creation, to you be all praise!
Most mighty your working, most wondrous your ways!
You reign in a glory no tongue e'er can tell;
you deign in the heart of the humble to dwell.

Lord of all power, I give you my will,
in joyful obedience your tasks to fulfill.
Your bondage is freedom, your service is song;
and, held in your keeping, my weakness is strong.

Lord of all wisdom, I give you my mind,
rich truth that surpasses our knowledge to find.
What eye has not seen and what ear never heard
is taught by your Spirit and shines from your Word.

Lord of all bounty, I give you my heart;
I praise and adore you for all you impart;
your love to inspire me, your counsel to guide,
your presence to cheer me whatever betide.

Lord of all being, I give you my all;
if e'er I disown you, I stumble and fall;
but, sworn in glad service your word to obey,
I walk in your freedom to the end of the way.


Gloria Gloria Gathering Mass (revised)  -

REFRAIN
Glory, glory to God,
glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace, on earth
peace to people of good will.
(All: repeat)

We praise you, we bless you,
we adore you, we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father.
(Refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ, Lord Jesus Christ,
Only    Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy, mercy on us;
(All: have mercy, mercy on us;)
you take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;  receive our prayer
(All: receive our prayer; receive our prayer)
you are seated at the right hand
at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy, mercy on us
(All: have mercy, mercy on us)

(Interlude:)
(REFRAIN)

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the Glory, glory of God,
the glory of God the Father.

(REFRAIN)
Amen. 
(All: Amen)

Gospel Acclamation: 261 Alleluia (Gospel Acclamation for Easter) including verse 6b 
(melody is different for the verse)
 
 Offertory 603 Blest are you Lord

Blest are You, Lord, God of all creation,
thanks to your goodness this bread we offer:
fruit of the earth, work of our hands,
it will become the bread of life.

Refrain:
Blessed be God! Blessed be God!
Blessed be God forever, Amen!
Blessed be God! Blessed be God!
Blessed be God forever, Amen!

Blest are You, Lord, God of all creation,
thanks to your goodness this wine we offer:
fruit of the earth, work of our hands,
it will become the cup of life.
 
 
Holy Holy       570s Holy, Holy, Holy (The Revised Gathering Mass)

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord,
Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth, Heaven and earth
are full of your glory, Lord God of hosts.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest.

Blessed, blessed is he who comes,
Blessed, blessed is he who comes,
Blessed is he, blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest

Mem Acc.: 571b Memorial Acc. 2 (The Revised Gathering Mass) – melody only

When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
until you come again.
(repeat refrain)
Communion: 627 This is my body

1. This is My body, broken for you,
bringing you wholeness, making you free.
Take it and eat it, and when you do,
do it in love for Me.

2. This is my blood poured out for you,
bringing forgiveness, making you free.
Take it and drink it, and when you do
do it in love for Me.

3. Back to my Father soon I shall go.
Do not forget me; then you will see
I am still with you, and you will know
you're very close to me.

4. Filled with my Spirit, how you will grow!
You are my branches; I am the tree.
If you are faithful, others will know
you are alive in me.

5. Love one another - I have loved you,
and I have shown you how to be free;
serve one another, and when you do,
do it in love for me.
 
We have been told. We've seen his face
and heard his voice alive in our hearts.
"Live in my love with all your heart.
As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you.

1. I am the vine; you are the branches,
and all who live in me will bear great fruit.

2. You are my friends, if you keep my commands,
no longer slaves; I call you friends.

3. No greater love is there than this:
to lay down one's life for a friend.
 
Final Hymn 920 A new commandment

A new commandment I give unto you,
That you love one another as I have loved you,
That you love one another as I have loved you.

By this shall all mankind know you are my disciples,
if you have love one for another.
By this shall all mankind know you are My disciples,
if you have love one for another.

A new commandment I give unto you,
That you love one another as I have loved you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment