Search This Blog

Friday 16 March 2018

5th Sunday Lent Year B 18 March 2018 (RCIA 3rd Scrutiny)

Entrance  475 Gather us in
Psalm  - not sung
Gospel Acc. 200 Praise to you
Offertory  624 in the breaking of the bread 
Holy holy / Memorial Acc - Plainchant
Lamb of God  - (optional) plainchant
Communion 
629 I am the bread of life
218 Deep within
Final   282 sing to the mountains

Entrance 475 Gather us in

Here in this place,
new light is streaming,
Now is the darkness vanished away,
See in this space our fears and our dreamings,
Brought here to you in the light of this day.

Gather us in-
the lost and forsaken,
Gather us in-
the blind and the lame;
Call to us now,
and we shall awaken,
We shall arise at the sound of our name.

We are the young-
our lives are a myst’ry,
We are the old –
who yearn for your face,
We have been sung throughout all of hist’ry,
Called to be light to the whole human race.

Gather us in-
 the rich and the haughty,
Gather us in-
 the proud and the strong;
Give us a heart so meek and so lowly,
Give us the courage to enter the song.

Here we will take the wine and the water,
Here we will take the bread of new birth,
Here you shall call your sons and your daughters,
Call us anew to be salt for the earth.

Give us to drink the wine of compassion,
Give us to eat the bread that is you;
Nourish us well, and teach us to fashion
Lives that are holy and hearts that are true.

Gather us in and hold us forever,
Gather us in and make us your own;
Gather us in-
all peoples together,
Fire of love in our flesh and our bone.

Psalm  - not sung
 
Gospel Acc.200 Praise to you  (Farrell)

Praise to you, O Christ, our Saviour,
Word of the Father, calling us to life;
Son of God who leads us to freedom:
glory to you, Lord Jesus Christ!
Offertory 
624 In the breaking of the bread
 
Refrain:
In the breaking of the bread
We have known him; we have been fed.
Jesus the stranger, Jesus the Lord,
Be our companion, be our hope.

Bread for the journey, strength for our years,
manna of ages of struggle and tears.
Cup of salvation, fruit of the land,
bless and receive now the work of our hands. (refrain)

Bread for the promise, people of hope,
wine of compassion, life for the world.
Gathered at table, joined as his body,
sealed in the Spirit, sent by the Lord. (refrain)
 
Holy holy / Memorial Acc - Plainchant
 
Lamb of God  - (optional) plainchant
 
Communion
629 I am the bread of Life
I am the bread of life.
You who come to Me shall not hunger;
and who believe in Me shall not thirst
No one can come to Me
Unless the Father draw him

Refrain:
And I will raise you up
And I will raise you up
And I will raise you up on the last day

The bread that I will give
is My flesh for the life of the world
and if you eat of this bread
you shall live for ever
you shall live for ever (refrain)

Unless you eat
Of the flesh of the Son of Man
And drink of His blood
And drink of His blood
You shall not have life within you                   
(refrain)

I am the resurrection
I am the life
If you believe in Me
Even though you die,
You shall live for ever (refrain)

Yes, Lord, I believe
That You are the Christ
The Son of God
Who has come
Into the world (refrain)


218 Deep Within

Refrain:
Deep within, I will plant my law,
not on stone, but in your heart.
Follow me; I will bring you back.
You will be my own, and I will be your God.

1. I will give you a new heart, a new spirit within you,
for I will be your strength.

2. Seek my face, and see your God,
for I will be your hope.

3. Return to me, with all your heart,
and I will bring you back.
 
 Final  282 Sing to the mountains  

Refrain
Sing to the mountains, sing to the sea.
Raise your voices, lift your hearts.
This is the day the Lord has made.
Let all the earth rejoice.

1. I will give thanks to you, my Lord.
You have answered my plea.
You have saved my soul from death.
You are my strength and my song.

2. Holy, holy, holy Lord.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.

3. This is the day the Lord has made.
Let us be glad and rejoice.
Death has lost and all is life.
Sing of the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment