Search This Blog

Saturday 3 March 2018

3rd Sunday of Lent - 4 March 2018 children’s mass

Entrance 980 Your words are Spirit and life
GLORIA      (none)
Resp. Psalm  spoken
Alleluia   Gospel Acc  200 Praise to you  (Farrell)
Offertory  872 My God accept my heart
Holy Holy    plainchant
Mem. Acc.     plainchant we proclaim
Great Amen
Lamb of God  509 plainchant
Communion:
218 Deep Within
721 O Lord, My God (How Great Thou art)
Final Hymn:  629 I am the bread of Life

Entrance 980 Your words are spirit and life

Refrain:
Your words are spirit and life, O Lord:
richer than gold, stronger than death.
Your words are spirit and life, O Lord;
life everlasting.

1. God’s law is perfect, refreshing the soul,
reviving the weary spirit.
God’s rule can be trusted: bringing us wisdom,
bringing God’s wisdom to birth.

2. God’s precepts keep us; their purpose is right.
They gladden the hearts of people.
God’s command is so clear it brings us new vision;
bringing God’s light to our eyes.

3. Living by God’s truth is holy and sure;
God’s presence is everlasting.
God’s truth is eternal, bringing us justice;
bringing God’s justice to earth.

4. God’s word is precious, desired more than gold;
worth more than we dare imagine
and, sweeter than honey, this word will feed us,
bringing fulfilment and joy.

GLORIA      (none)
Resp. Psalm  spoken
Alleluia   Gospel Acc  200 Praise to you  (Farrell)


Offertory  872 My God accept my heart this day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFdjpgbf_ms

My God, accept my heart this day,

And make it wholly Thine,
That I from Thee no more may stray,
No more from Thee decline.

Before the cross of Him Who died,
Behold, I prostrate fall;
Let every sin be crucified,
And Christ be all in all.

Anoint me with Thy heavenly grace,
And seal me for Thine own,
That I may see Thy glorious face,
And worship at Thy throne.

Let every thought, and work, and word,
To Thee be ever given;
Then life shall be Thy service, Lord,
And Death the gate of Heaven.

All glory to the Father be,
All glory to the Son,
All glory, Holy Ghost, to thee,
while endless ages run.
 


Holy Holy    plainchant




https://youtu.be/Mzqtth5vFZM
 

Mem. Acc.     plainchant Mem. Acc. 2
https://youtu.be/L5M-hQeiZYQ
Great Amen
 
Lamb of God  509 plainchant

Communion:

218 Deep Within

Refrain:
Deep within, I will plant my law,
not on stone, but in your heart.
Follow me; I will bring you back.
You will be my own, and I will be your God.

1. I will give you a new heart, a new spirit within you,
for I will be your strength.

2. Seek my face, and see your God,
for I will be your hope.

3. Return to me, with all your heart,
and I will bring you back.

721 O Lord, My God (How Great Thou art)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhvaDJTUmrU

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
(refrain)

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
(refrain)

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!" 
(refrain)


Final Hymn:  629 I am the bread of Life

I am the bread of life.
You who come to Me shall not hunger;
and who believe in Me shall not thirst
No one can come to Me
Unless the Father draw him

Refrain:
And I will raise you up
And I will raise you up
And I will raise you up on the last day

The bread that I will give
is My flesh for the life of the world
and if you eat of this bread
you shall live for ever
you shall live for ever (refrain)

Unless you eat
Of the flesh of the Son of Man
And drink of His blood
And drink of His blood
You shall not have life within you                  
(refrain)

I am the resurrection
I am the life
If you believe in Me
Even though you die,
You shall live for ever (refrain)

Yes, Lord, I believe
That You are the Christ
The Son of God
Who has come
Into the world (refrain)

No comments:

Post a Comment