Search This Blog

Thursday 6 October 2011

Mass of Enrolment for the First Holy Communion 9th Oct 2011

Ent.       632 Table of Plenty (Come to the Feast)
Off..       874  Take my life
Comm.. 623  Now in this banquet

             Refiner's Fire (Purify my heart)
End       865 Here I am, Lord

Entrance. 632 Table of Plenty (Come to the Feast)
http://www.spiritandsong.com/compositions/8353 (click on "speaker" icon to listen)


Refrain

Come to the feast of heaven and earth!
Come to the table of plenty!
God will provide for all that we need,
here at the table of plenty.

O come and sit at my table
where saints and sinners are friends.
I wait to welcome the lost and lonely
to share the cup of my love.

O come and eat without money;
come to drink without price.
My feast of gladness will feed your spirit
with faith and fullness of life.

My bread will ever sustain you
through days of sorrow and woe.
My wine will flow like a sea of gladness
to flood the depths of your soul.

Your fields will flower in fullness;
your homes will flourish in peace.
For I, the giver of home and harvest,
will send my rain on the soil.



Off.. 874  Take my life


 
Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and purposeful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my intellect, and use every power as thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

Comm.. 

623  Now in this banquet

Refrain:
Now in this banquet, Christ is our bread.
Here shall all hungers be fed.
Bread that is broken, wine that is poured,
love is the sign of our Lord.

1. You who have touched us and graced us with love,
make us your people of goodness and light

2. Let our hearts burn with the fire of your love
open our eyes to the glory of God

3. God who makes the blind to see
God who makes the lame to walk
bring us dancing into day
lead your people in your way

4. Hope for the hopeless, light for the blind
'Strong' is your name Lord, 'Gentle' and 'Kind'

5. Call us to be your light, call us to be your love
make us your people again

6. Come, O Spirit! Renew our hearts!
We shall arise to be children of light.

            Refiner's Fire (Purify my heart)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA6fCAHVzs

Purify my heart
Let me be as gold and precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold

Refrain:
Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will

Purify my heart
Cleanse me from within
And make me holy
Purify my heart
Cleanse me from my sin
Deep within (refrain)

End   865 Here I am, Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdFqzPBaDJA (correct tempo for this Sunday)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINNh15cT08 

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Refrain:
Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have borne my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them, They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them,
Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them,
My hand will save
Finest bread I will provide,
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give My life to them,
Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

FOR YOUR LISTENING PLEASURE:
PSALM

948 Because the Lord is my shepherd
1. Because the Lord is my shepherd,
I have ev’ry thing I need.
He lets me rest in the meadow and leads me
to the quiet streams.
He restores my soul and he leads me
in the paths that are right:

Refrain
Lord, you are my shepherd,
you are my friend.
I want to follow you always,
just to follow my friend.

2. And when the road leads to darkness,
I shall walk there unafraid.
Even when death is close I have courage,
for your help is there.
You are close beside me with comfort,
you are guiding my way:

3. In love you make me a banquet
for my enemies to see.
You make me welcome, pouring down honor
from your mighty hand,
and this joy fills me with gladness;
it is too much to bear:

4. Your goodness always is with me
and your mercy I know.
Your loving kindness strengthens me always
as I go through life.
I shall dwell in your presence forever,
giving praise to your name:

No comments:

Post a Comment