Search This Blog

Saturday 29 October 2011

31st Sunday OT 30th October 2011 (1030 Mass)

UPDATE: Sorry for the very late notice, but we will sing a different final hymn. Servant Song will become a 2nd communion hymn. Thanks!

Ent: 338 My soul proclaims
Psalm: 453 like a child rests 
Gospel Acclamation: 543 African Alleluia
Off: 822 We are many parts 
Sanctus       490s Holy Holy (Mass of Creation)
Mem. Acc.   492s Mem. Acc. 2 (Mass of Creation)
Great Amen 494s Doxology and Amen
Lamb of God     495s Lamb of God (Mass of Creation)
Comm: 941 There is a longing  
            924 Servant Song    
Final 847 O Lord, all the world belongs to you


Entrance: 338 My soul proclaims (Magnificat)

Psalm 130453 Like a  child rests
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Koy0tnbO4

Refrain:
Like a child rests in its mother's arms, so will I rest in you,
Like a child rests in its mother's arms, so will I rest in you.

My God, I am not proud
I do not look for things too great.

My God, I trust in you
You care for me, you give me peace.

O Israel, trust in God
Now and always, trust in God.


Gospel Acclamation:  543 African Alleluia (all parts-SATB)


Alleluia, Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!
Alleluia, Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!


Off: 822 We are many parts 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFL9lB2igk

Refrain:
We are many parts, we are all one body.
And the gifts we have we are given to share.
May the Spirit of love, make us one indeed.
One, the love that we share,
one, our hope in despair,
one, the cross that we bear.

God of all, we look to You,
we would be Your servants true,
let us be Your love to all the world.

So my pain is pain for you,
in your joy is my joy, too;
all is brought together in the Lord.

All you seekers great and small,
seek the greatest gift of all;
if you love, then you will know the Lord.


Sanctus       490s Holy Holy (Mass of Creation - revised setting)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZmzLbmMfoU start at 5:28

Mem. Acc.   492s Mem. Acc. 2 (Mass of Creation)
Great Amen 494s Doxology and Amen
Lamb of God     495s Lamb of God (Mass of Creation)

Communion: 941 There is a longing        
http://www.spiritandsong.com/compositions/13226

Refrain
There is a longing in our hearts, O Lord,
for you to reveal yourself to us.
There is a longing in our hearts
for love we only find in you, our God.

For justice, for freedom,
for mercy: hear our prayer.
In sorrow, in grief:
be near, hear our prayer, O God.

For wisdom, for courage,
for comfort: hear our prayer.
In weakness, in fear:
be near, hear our prayer, O God.

For healing, for wholeness,
for new life: hear our prayer.
In sickness, in death:
be near, hear our prayer, O God.

Lord save us, take pity,
light in our darkness.
We call you, we wait:
be near, hear our prayer, O God.

924  Servant Song

Brother, sister, let me serve you
Let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant, too.

We are pilgrims on a journey
We are trav'llers on the road;
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night-time of your fear;
I will hold my hand out to you,
Speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping;
When you laugh I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through.

When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony,
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony.
  

Final 847 O Lord, all the world belongs to you


O Lord, All the world belongs to You
and you are always making all things new
What is wrong You forgive,
and the new life You give
is what's turning the world upside down.

The world's only loving to its friends
but You have brought us love that never ends:
loving enemies too,
and this loving with You
is what's turning the world upside down.

This world lives divided and apart.
You draw us together and we start
in Your body to see
that in fellowship we
can be turning the world upside down.

The world wants the wealth to live in state,
but You show us a new way to be great;
Like a servant you came,
and if we do the same,
we'll be turning the world upside down.

O Lord, All the world belongs to You
and you are always making all things new
Send your Spirit on all
in your Church whom you call
to be turning the world upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment