Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2011

Songs for First Holy Communion 4th /5th June

Entry  865 Here I am Lord
Gloria  530 Gloria
Gospel Acclamation 178 Halle Halle
Offertory  849 God forgave my sin
Acclamation 481 Holy Holy
Children’s Eucharistic Acc
Our Father - sung (echo version)
Communion 
644 Alleluia, sing to Jesus
721 How great thou art
Final  722 Give me joy

Entry  865 Here I am Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINNh15cT08


I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Refrain:
Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have born my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them, They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them,
Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them,
My hand will save
Finest bread I will provide,
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give My life to them,
Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

Gloria 530 Gloria (Anderson)

Refrain: Glória glória (clap) in excélsis Deo (2x)

1. Lord God, heavenly King, peace you bring to us;
We worship you we give you thanks, we sing our song of praise.
2. Jesus, Saviour of all, Lord God, Lamb of God,
You take away our sins, O Lord, have mercy on us all
3. At the Father's right hand, Lord, receive our prayer
For you alone are the Holy One, and you alone are Lord
4. Glory Father and Son, glory Holy Spirit
To you we raise our hands up high, we glorify your name.


Gospel Acclamation 178 Halle Halle Halle (refrain only)
Style only (in this clip the refrain and words of the verses are slightly different)

Refrain:
Halle halle Halle–lujah ( 3 x)
Halle-lujah! Halle-lujah!

Offertory  849 God forgave my sin (Freely, freely)
 
God forgave my sin in Jesus' name.
I've been born again in Jesus' name
And in Jesus' name I come to you
To share his love as he told me to.

Refrain:
He said 'Freely, freely you have received;
freely, freely give.
Go in my name, and because you believe
others will know that I live.

All pow'r is giv'n in Jesus' name
in earth and heav'n in jesus name
And in Jesus' name I come to you
To share his pow'r as he told me to.
(repeat Refrain)

God gives us life in Jesus' name
he lives in us in Jesus' name
And in Jesus' name I come to you
To share his peace as he told me to.
(repeat Refrain)

Acclamation    481 Holy Holy /  Sanctus (Gathering Mass)
http://www.ocp.org/compositions/53767

Holy, holy, holy Lord
God of pow'r and God of might:
heaven and earth, heaven and earth
are full of your glory, your pow'r and might

Refrain:
Hosanna, hosanna,
hosanna in the highest heav'ns.
Hosanna, hosanna,
hosanna in the highest heav'ns.

Blessed, blessed is he who comes;
Blessed, blessed is he who comes;
Blessed is he, blessed is he
who comes in the name of the Lord
(Refrain)

Children’s Eucharistic Acc

Our Father (Sung - echo version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDZkjBnUlM

Our Father (our Father)
Who art in heaven (Who art in heaven)
Hallowed be Thy Name (Hallowed be Thy Name)
Hallowed be thy name (Hallowed be Thy Name)

Thy Kingdom come (Thy Kingdom come)
Thy Will be done (Thy Will be done)
Upon the earth (upon the earth)
as it is in Heaven (as it is in Heaven)

Give us this day (Give us this day)
our daily bread (our daily bread)
And forgive us (And forgive us)
our trespasses (our trespasses)

as we forgive (as we forgive)
Forgive those (forgive those)
who trespass (who trespass)
against us (against us)

And lead us not (And lead us not)
into temptation (into temptation),
but deliver us (but deliver us)
from evil ( from evil)

For the kingdom (For the kingdom)
The power and the glory (The power and the glory)
Are yours now (Are yours now)
And forever Amen (And forever Amen)


Communion:
644 Alleluia, sing to Jesus
http://youtu.be/Rmz-W733sz4
http://youtu.be/kfxHiH48038

Alleluia! sing to Jesus! His the scepter, His the throne.
Alleluia! His the triumph, His the victory alone.
Hark! the songs of peaceful Zion thunder like a mighty flood.
Jesus out of every nation has redeemed us by His blood.

Alleluia! not as orphans are we left in sorrow now;
Alleluia! He is near us, faith believes, nor questions how;
Though the cloud from sight received Him when the forty days were o’er
Shall our hearts forget His promise, “I am with you evermore”?

Alleluia! bread of angels, Thou on earth our food, our stay;
Alleluia! here the sinful flee to Thee from day to day:
Intercessor, Friend of sinners, Earth’s Redeemer, plead for me,
Where the songs of all the sinless sweep across the crystal sea.

Alleluia! King eternal, Thee the Lord of lords we own;
Alleluia! born of Mary, Earth Thy footstool, Heav’n Thy throne:
Thou within the veil hast entered, robed in flesh our great High Priest;
Thou on earth both priest and victim in the Eucharistic feast.

721 O Lord my God (how great thy art)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhvaDJTUmrU

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
(refrain)

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
(refrain)

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
(refrain)

Final 722 Sing Hosanna (Give me joy in my heart)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQAF0iEk28
http://www.ocp.org/songs/1913

Give me joy in my heart, keep me praising,
Give me joy in my heart, I pray,
Give me joy in my heart, keep me praising,
Keep me praising 'till the break of day.

Refrain
Sing hosanna, sing hosanna,
Sing hosanna to the King of kings!
Sing hosanna, sing hosanna,
Sing hosanna to the King.

Give me peace in my heart, keep me resting,
Give me peace in my heart, I pray,
Give me peace in my heart, keep me resting,
Keep me praying 'till the end of day.

Give me love in my heart, keep me serving,
Give me joy in my heart, I pray,
Give me love in my heart, keep me serving,
Keep me serving 'till the break of day.

Give my oil in my lamp, keep me burning,
Give me oil in my lamp, I pray,
Give my oil in my lamp, keep me burning,
Keep me burning 'till the end of day.

2 comments:

  1. Please, please!! The "Clapping Gloria" is not allowed at Roman Catholic liturgies:
    http://wdtprs.com/blog/2008/07/clapping-in-church/

    Besides the fact that the words are deficient. I pray you begin to use a correct version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Clap your hands, all you peoples,
    acclaim God with shouts of joy".

    Psalm 46(V)/47(H) Jerusalem Bible text

    The Vatican bureaucrats who foisted the new transliteration (it isn't a translation) on us don't seem to have read their Psalms.

    ReplyDelete