Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 June 2009

3rd weekend of First Holy Communion Masses June 20/21

Song List (Laudate):

Entrance #775 - I have loved you (with an everlasting love)
Gloria #532 - Gloria! (Salazar)
Alleluia (Sung before and after the verse is read)
Offertory #608 - Take my hands
Holy, holy #490 Sanctus (Mass of Creation)
Acclamations for the Eucharistic Prayer
Our Father (sung)
Communion 1: #956 - I watch the sunrise
Communion 2: #972 - Do not be afraid
Dismissal #768 - Our God reigns

----------------------------------
LYRICS AND LINKS

Entrance #775 - I have loved you (with an everlasting love)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxdPvzuqsA&feature=related
OR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y08sOuzg68&feature=related

Refrain:

I have loved you with an everlasting love
I have called you, and you are mine
I have loved you with an everlasting love
I have called you, and you are mine

1.Seek the face of the Lord and long for Him
He will bring you his light and his peace (refrain)

2. Seek the face of the Lord and long for Him
He will bring you his joy and his hope (refrain)

3. Seek the face of the Lord and long for Him
He will bring you his care and his love (refrain)

-----------------------------------------------

Gloria #532 - Gloria! (Salazar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArcxjW96Mqk

Refrain:
Glory! Glory! glory to God!
Glory! Glory! glory to God!

1. Glory to God in the heights of the heavens
Peace to God's people, all people on earth (Refrain)

2. Son of the Father, all glory and worship.
Praise and thanksgiving to you, Lamb of God. (Refrain)

3. You take away the sin of the world
Have mercy on us, receive our prayer (Refrain)

4. Seated in pow'r at the right of the Father,
jesus alone is the Lord, the Most High. (Refrain)

5. And with the Spirit of love everlasting.
Reigning in glory for ever Amen. (Refrain)

--------------------------
-- - Alleluia
--------------------------
Offertory #608 - Take my hands

(only link I could find, sorry) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnYzagXbJ3k

Take my hands and make them as your own,
And use them for your kingdom here on earth,
Consecrate them to your care,
Anoint them for your service where,
You may need your Gospel to be sown.

Take my hands they speak now for my heart,
And by their actions they will show their love,
Guard them on their daily course,
Be their strength and guiding force,
To over serve the Trinity above.

Tak my hands I give them to you Lord,
Prepare them for the service of your name,
Open them to human need,
And by their love they'll sow your seed,
So all may know the love and hope you give,

Take my hands, take my hands O Lord.
----------------------
Holy, holy 490 Sanctus (Mass of Creation)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6AljvSQ0NE&feature=related

Holy, holy, holy Lord
God of power, God of might
Heaven and earth are full with your glory
Hosanna in the highest
Blessed is he who comes in the name of hte Lord
Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna in the highest

-------------------------

Acclamations for the Eucharistic Prayer


Jesus has given his life for us
Jesus has given his life for us

We bless you and we praise you
We thank you Lord our God
We bless you and we praise you
We thank you Lord our God
----------------------

Our Father
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDZkjBnUlM

Our Father (our Father)
Who art in heaven (Who art in heaven)
Hallowed be Thy Name (Hallowed be Thy Name)
Hallowed be thy name (Hallowed be Thy Name)

Thy Kingdom come (Thy Kingdom come)
Thy Will be done (Thy Will be done)
Upon the earth (upon the earth)
as it is in Heaven (as it is in Heaven)

Give us this day (Give us this day)
our daily bread (our daily bread)
And forgive us (And forgive us)
our trespasses (our trespasses)

as we forgive (as we forgive)
Forgive those (forgive those)
who trespass (who trespass)
against us (against us)

And lead us not (And lead us not)
into temptation (into temptation),
but deliver us (but deliver us)
from evil ( from evil)

For the kingdom (For the kingdom)
The power and the glory (The power and the glory)
Are yours now (Are yours now)
And forever Amen (And forever Amen)

-----------------------------------

Communion 1 #956 - I watch the sunrise (key: A)

Please just refer to these videos for the melody, and note that the music in Laudate is lower.
(key: D) Daniel O'Donnell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiiWpYuT6tg
(key: C) Maureen Hegarty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-u2Jtikd78

I watch the sunrise lighting the sky,
Casting its shadows near.
And on this morning bright though it be,
I feel those shadows near me.

Refrain:
But you are always close to me
Following all my ways.
May I be always close to you
Following all your ways, Lord.

I watch the sunlight shine through the clouds,
Warming the earth below.
And at the mid-day, life seems to say:
I feel your brightness near me.
(
Refrain)

I watch the sunset fading away,
Lighting the clouds with sleep.
And as the evening closes its eyes,
I feel your presence near me.
(Refrain: For you are always . . .)

I watch the moonlight guarding the night,
Waiting till morning comes.
The air is silent, earth is at rest
Only your peace is near me.
(Refrain: Yes, you are always... )
----------------

Communion 2: No 972 - Do not be afraid (key: D)

(this singer isn't really singing the melody according to the sheet music in this one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLgkAUOYZVI

Refrain:
Do not be afraid for I have redeemed you
I have called you by your name - you are mine

1. When you walk through the waters I'll be with you
You will never sink beneath the waves.

2. When the fire is burning all around you
You will never be consumed by the flames.

3. When the fear of loneliness is looming
then remember I am at your side.

4. When you dwell in the shelter of the stranger
remember you are precious sin my eyes

5. You are mine, O my child, I am your Father
and I love you with a perfect love.

-------------------

Dismissal # 768 - Our God reigns
(please note lyrics are different from laudate:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9NlB-SacP0

1. How lovely on the mountains are the feet of Him
Who brings good news, good news;
Announcing peace, proclaiming news of happiness:
Our God reigns, our God reigns!

Refrain: Our God reigns! Our God reigns!
Our God reigns! Our God reigns!

2. You watchmen, lift your voices joyfully as one,
shout for your king, your king!
See eye to eye, the Lord restoring Sion:
our God reigns, our God reigns! (Refrain)

3. Wasteplaces of Jerusalem, break forth with joy!
We are redeemed, redeemed,
the Lord has saved and comforted his people.
our God reigns, our God reigns! (Refrain)

4. Ends of the earth, see the salvation of our God!
Jesus is Lord, is Lord!
Before the nations, he has bared his holy arm
our God reigns, our God reigns. (Refrain)

No comments:

Post a Comment