Search This Blog

Thursday 2 May 2019

Hymns for 3rd Sunday Easter 5th May 2019 10:30 Mass SSMM Parish

Entrance:  760 All heaven declares
Gloria:  489 Mass of Creation
Offertory:  607 let all mortal flesh
Holy:   490 Mass of creation
Mem Acc: 491 mass of Creation (we proclaim)
Communion:  
624 In the breaking of the bread 
871 Lord you have come to the seashore
Final: 866 I will be with you


-----------------------------------
Entrance:  760 All Heaven Declares

All heaven declares the glory of the risen Lord
Who can compare with the beauty of the Lord?
Forever He will be (Forever He will be)
The Lamb upon the throne (The Lamb upon the throne)
I gladly bow the knee (I gladly bow the knee)
And worship Him alone

I will proclaim the glory of the risen Lord
Who once was slain to reconcile man to God
Forever You will be (Forever You will be)
The Lamb upon the throne (The Lamb upon the throne)
I gladly bow my knee (I gladly bow my knee)
And worship You alone
(Repeat verse 1 with descant)


Gloria:  489 The Gloria (Mass of Creation – revised setting)

Refrain:
Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to people
of good will. (repeat first time)

We praise you,
we bless you,
we adore you,
we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father. (refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ, Only Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us;
you take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;
you are seated at the right hand
of the Father,
have mercy on us.  (refrain)

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High,
Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father.
Amen.  (refrain)



Offertory:  607 Let all mortal flesh

Let all mortal flesh keep silence,
And with fear and trembling stand;
Ponder nothing worldly minded,
For with blessing in His hand
Christ our God to Earth descendeth,
Our full homage to demand.

King of Kings, yet born of Mary,
As of old on Earth He stood,
Lord of Lords in human vesture,
in the Body and the Blood.
He will give to all the faithful
his own self for heav’nly food.

Rank on rank the host of heaven
preads its vanguard on the way,
as the Light of Light descendeth
from the realms of endless day,
that the pow’rs of hell may vanish
as the darkness clears away.

At His feet the six-winged Seraph,
Cherubim with sleepless eye,
veil their faces to the Presence,
as with ceaseless voice they cry,
‘Alleluia, alleluia,
Alleluia, Lord, most High!’



Holy:   490s  Holy Holy     Mass of Creation

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest.
Blessed is he who comes in the name
of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.

491s Memorial Acc. 1 -Mass of Creation 
(we proclaim)
We proclaim your Death, O Lord,
and profess your Resurrection
until you come again, until you come again.


Communion:  
624 In the breaking of the bread

Refrain:
In the breaking of the bread
We have known him; we have been fed.
Jesus the stranger, Jesus the Lord,
Be our companion, be our hope.

Bread for the journey, strength for our years,
manna of ages of struggle and tears.
Cup of salvation, fruit of the land,
bless and receive now the work of our hands. (refrain)

Bread for the promise, people of hope,
wine of compassion, life for the world.
Gathered at table, joined as his body,
sealed in the Spirit, sent by the Lord. (refrain)



871 Lord, You have come to the seashore
(original Spanish Pescador de hombres-Fisher of men)
http://youtu.be/NPaq5gDo6Ak  - best version

Lord, You have come to the seashore
Neither searching for the rich nor the wise
desiring only that I should follow.

Refrain:
O Lord, with Your eyes set upon me,
gently smiling, You have spoken my name;
All I longed for I have found by the water.
At your side, I will seek other shores.

Lord, see my goods, my possessions;
in my boat you find no power, no wealth
Will you accept then my nets and labour?
(Refrain)

Lord, take my hands and direct them
Help me spend myself in seeking the lost
returning love for the love you gave me.
(Refrain)

Lord, as I drift on the waters
be the resting place of my restful heart
my life's companion, my friend and refuge
(Refrain)


Final: 866 I will be with you

Refrain:
I will be with you wherever you go
Go now throughout the world!
I will be with you in all that you say
Go now and spread my word!

1. Come walk with me on stormy waters
Why fear? reach out, and I'll be there

2. And you, my friend, will you now leave me,
or do you know me as your Lord?

3. Your life will be transformed with power
by living truly in My name

4. And if you say: 'Yes, Lord I love you'
then feed my lambs and feed my sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment