Search This Blog

Saturday 18 November 2017

Hymns for 33rd Sunday OT Yr A 19 November 2017 10:30 Mass

Entrance       869 Lord of creation (tune of be thou my vision)
Gloria         Gathering mass  
Gosp. Acc.       melchizedek alleluia   
Offertory          609 In bread we bring
Holy Holy          gathering Mass 
Mem. Acc.        gathering Mass (when we eat)
Communion  986  In the day of the Lord 
423 Centre of my life  
Final       856 Take the word of God with you  


Entrance      869 Lord of creation  (tune of 970 Be thou my vision)
modern piano version (just to listen to) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYuhFBQDv00

Lord of creation, to you be all praise!
Most mighty your working, most wondrous your ways!
You reign in a glory no tongue e'er can tell;
you deign in the heart of the humble to dwell.

Lord of all power, I give you my will,
in joyful obedience your tasks to fulfill.
Your bondage is freedom, your service is song;
and, held in your keeping, my weakness is strong.

Lord of all wisdom, I give you my mind,
rich truth that surpasses our knowledge to find.
What eye has not seen and what ear never heard
is taught by your Spirit and shines from your Word.

Lord of all bounty, I give you my heart;
I praise and adore you for all you impart;
your love to inspire me, your counsel to guide,
your presence to cheer me whatever betide.

Lord of all being, I give you my all;
if e'er I disown you, I stumble and fall;
but, sworn in glad service your word to obey,
I walk in your freedom to the end of the way.

Gloria         Gloria Gathering Mass (revised)  -

REFRAIN
Glory, glory to God,
glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace, on earth
peace to people of good will.
(All: repeat)

We praise you, we bless you,
we adore you, we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father.
(Refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ, Lord Jesus Christ,
Only    Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy, mercy on us;
(All: have mercy, mercy on us;)
you take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;  receive our prayer
(All: receive our prayer; receive our prayer)
you are seated at the right hand
at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy, mercy on us
(All: have mercy, mercy on us)

(Interlude:)
(REFRAIN)

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the Glory, glory of God,
the glory of God the Father.

(REFRAIN)
Amen. 
(All: Amen)


Gosp. Acc.       Melchizedek Alleluia

G         C         D        G
Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!
G         C         D        G
Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!


Offertory          609 In bread we bring you Lord

In bread we bring you Lord, our body's' labour
In wine we offer you our spirit's grief.
We do not ask you, Lord, who is my neighbour,
But stand united now, one in belief.

O we have gladly heard your word, your holy word
And now in answer, Lord, our gifts we bring.
Our selfish hearts make true, our failing faith renew,
Our life belongs to you, our Lord and King.

The bread we offer you is blessed and broken,
And it becomes for us our spirit’s food.
Over the cup we bring your Word is spoken;
Make it your gift to us your healing blood.

Take all that daily toil plants in our heart’s poor soil,
Take all we start and spoil, each hopeful dream.
The chances we have missed, the graces we resist,
Lord, in thy Eucharist, take and redeem.


Holy Holy       570s Holy, Holy, Holy (The Revised Gathering Mass)

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord,
Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth, Heaven and earth
are full of your glory, Lord God of hosts.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest.

Blessed, blessed is he who comes,
Blessed, blessed is he who comes,
Blessed is he, blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest

Mem Acc.: 571b Memorial Acc. 2 ((when we eat) – melody only

When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
until you come again.
(repeat refrain)


Communion   

986  In the day of the Lord

Refrain
In the day of the Lord, the sun will shine
like the dawn of eternal day.
All creation will rise to dance and sing
the glory of the Lord!

1. And on that day will justice triumph,
on that day will all be free:
free from want, free from fear, free to live!

2. Then shall the nations throng together
to the mountain of the Lord:
they shall walk in the light of the Lord!

3. And they shall beat their swords to plowshares;
there will be an end to war:
one in peace, one in love, one in God!

4. For Israel shall be delivered,
and the desert lands will bloom.
Say to all, “Do not fear. Here is your God!”

5. And on that day of Christ in glory,
God will wipe away our tears,
and the dead shall rise up from their graves!

6. O give us eyes to see your glory,
give us hearts to understand.
Let our ears hear your voice ‘til you come!


423 Centre of my life 

(All) Refrain:
O Lord, you are the center of my life
I will always praise you, I will always serve you
I will always keep you in my sight

1. Keep me safe O God, I take refuge in you.
I say to the Lord "You are my God,
My happiness lies in you alone,
My happiness lies in you alone." (refrain)

2. I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel,
Who even at night directs my heart.
I keep the Lord ever in my sight
Since He is at my right hand I shall stand firm. (refrain)

3. And so my heart rejoices, my soul is glad
Even in safety shall my body rest
For you will not leave my soul among the dead,
Nor let your beloved know decay. (refrain)

4. You will show me the path of life,
The fullness of joy in your presence,
At your right hand, at your right hand
Happiness forever. (refrain)


Final       856 Take the word of God with you

1. Take the word of God with you as you go.
Take the seeds of God's word and make them grow.

Refrain
Go in peace to serve the world,
in peace to serve the world.
Take the love of God,
the love of God with you as you go.

2. Take the peace of God with you as you go.
Take the seeds of God's peace and make them grow.

3. Take the joy of God with you as you go.
Take the seeds of God's joy and make them grow.

4. Take the love of God with you as you go.
Take the seeds of God's love and make them grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment