Search This Blog

Thursday 9 November 2017

32nd Sunday OT Yr A 12 November 2017

Ent.  970  Be thou my vision
Gloria  Gathering Mass
Gospel Acc 
Offertory:  874 Take my life
Holy holy. Gathering Mass
Men Acc  Gathering Mass (when we eat)
Comm 
Stay awake (there will be signs)
965  as the deer 
End.  722  Give me joy in my heart (sing hosanna)

Entrance 970 Be Thou my Vision

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought in the day and the night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my wisdom, be Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my breastplate, my sword for the fight;
Be Thou my armour, and be Thou my might;
Thou my soul’s shelter, and Thou my high tower:
Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance through all of my days;
Thou and Thou only, the first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my treasure Thou art!

High King of Heaven, when battle is done,
Grant Heaven’s joys to me, O bright heaven’s sun!
Christ of my own heart, whatever befall,
still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Gloria  Gathering Mass
Gloria Gathering Mass (revised)  -

REFRAIN
Glory, glory to God,
glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace, on earth
peace to people of good will.
(All: repeat)

We praise you, we bless you,
we adore you, we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father.
(Refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ, Lord Jesus Christ,
Only    Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy, mercy on us;
(All: have mercy, mercy on us;)
you take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;  receive our prayer
(All: receive our prayer; receive our prayer)
you are seated at the right hand
at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy, mercy on us
(All: have mercy, mercy on us)

(Interlude:)
(REFRAIN)

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the Glory, glory of God,
the glory of God the Father.

(REFRAIN)
Amen. 
(All: Amen)

Gospel Acc 261

Offertory: 874 Take my life

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and purposeful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my intellect, and use every power as thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

Holy holy. Gathering Mass
Men Acc  Gathering Mass (when we eat)

Comm 
Stay awake (there will be signs)– Chris O’Hara


There will be signs upon the sun
The moon and stars will share Earth's agony.
And ev'ry nation will be fearful of the sound:
the ocean's roar, the raging sea

then they will see the Son of Man
riding the clouds with pow'r and glory;
hold up your heads, your liberation is at hand:
your destiny, your destiny...

Refrain:
O stay awake, do not fear the night
The dawn will break with the Saviour's light
Your liberation is at hand:
O stay awake!  O stay awake!

The time is near, we must arise,
no longer living in the dark of night.
So arm yourselves as people living in the way
of truthfulness, integrity,

and hold a dream of days to come
when we will reach God's holy mountain
and change all weapons into instruments of peace
to sow the seed of justice.

965 As the deer
beautiful version though lyrics are slightly different (old english)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goqytfAOstw

As the deer pants for the water
So my soul longs after you
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you

Refrain:
You alone are my strength, my shield
To you alone will my spirit yield
You alone are my hearts desire
And I long to worship you

I want you more than gold or silver
Only you can satisfy
You alone are the real joy giver
And the apple of my eye

You're my friend and you are my Father
Even though you are my King
I love you more than any other
So much more than anything

End. 722 Sing Hosanna (Give me joy in my heart)

Give me joy in my heart, keep me praising,
Give me joy in my heart, I pray,
Give me joy in my heart, keep me praising,
Keep me praising 'till the break of day.

Sing hosanna, sing hosanna,
Sing hosanna to the King of kings!
Sing hosanna, sing hosanna,
Sing hosanna to the King.

Give me peace in my heart, keep me praying,
Give me peace in my heart, I pray,
Give me peace in my heart, keep me praying,
Keep me praying 'till the end of day.

Give me joy in my heart, keep me praising,
Give me joy in my heart, I pray,
Give me joy in my heart, keep me praising,
Keep me praising 'till the break of day.

Give my oil in my lamp, keep me burning,
Give me oil in my lamp, I pray,
Give my oil in my lamp, keep me burning,
Keep me burning 'till the end of day.

Give me peace in my heart, keep me resting,
Give me peace in my heart, I pray.
Give me peace in my heart, keep me resting,
Keep me resting 'till the end of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment