Search This Blog

Friday 22 July 2011

17th Sunday (Ordinary Time Yr A) - 24th July 2011

(UPDATE: HYMN LIST IS FINAL ALREADY)


Readings:  http://www.universalis.com/20110724/mass.htm

Entrance      820  Seek ye first
Gosp. Acc. Bernadette's Alleluia
Offertory  600 All that I Am
Holy Holy 559 Farell
Mem. Acc. 561 Farell
Great Amen 562 Farell
Lamb of God 593 Litany of breaking of bread
Communion   743  All that is hidden
                     980 Your words are spirit and life (optional)
Final                970  Be Thou my Vision

-----------------------

Entrance        820 Seek ye first the kingdom of God
Everyone, pls note we are singing this arrangement - descant starting 3rd verse:
musicians, you can also check out the instrumentation here:

Seek ye first the kingdom of God
And His righteousness
And all these things shall be added unto you
Allelu, alleluia

Ask and it shall be given unto you
Seek and ye shall find
Knock and it shall be opened unto you
Allelu, alleluia

(children and sopranos pls sing descant for every verse hereafter)
We do not live by bread alone
But by ev’ry word
That comes forth from the mouth of God
Allelu, alleluia

(descant:)
Alleluia, alleluia
Alleluia, alleluia
Allelu, alleluia

Where two or three are gathered in my name
There am I in your midst;
And whatsoever you ask I will do:
Allelu, alleluia

Seek ye first the kingdom of God
And His righteousness
And all these things shall be added unto you
Allelu, alleluia

Glory To God In The Highest (Bradford chaplaincy version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ulCuYyDFI

Refrain:

Glory to God in the highest
And peace to His people on earth
Glory to God in the highest
And peace to His people on earth

Lord God, Heavenly King,
Almighty God and Father
We worship You
We give You thanks
We praise You for Your glory (refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ,
The only Son of the Father
Lord God, Lamb of God
You take away the sins of the world
Have mercy on us
You are seated at the Father’s right hand
Receive our prayer (Refrain)

For You alone are the Holy One
You alone are the Lord
You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ
With the Holy Spirit
In the glory of God the Father
You alone are the Most High,
A----     men  (refrain)

Resp. Psalm

Gosp. Acc. Bernadette's Alleluia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgzsYa6A2wY

Refrain:
Alle, alleluia!
Alle, alleluia!
Alle, alleluia!
Alleluia! (repeat)

Offertory  600 All that I am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZQhaoeqBIE

1. All that I am, all that I do
All that I ever have, I offer now to You

refrain:
Take and sanctify these gifts
For your honour Lord
Knowing that I love and serve You
Is enough reward
(repeat verse 1)

2. All that I dream, All that I pray
All that I ever make I give to You today.
(refrain)

Holy Holy 559 Holy Holy (Farrell Eucharistic Acclamations)
All parts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKftM3L3ziM
soprano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V56t0myzXQ
Alto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM_Fj8Qpo3w
Tenor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVOb8iwOb9Q

Holy, holy, holy Lord God of power,
Lord God of might, Lord God of pow'r and might.
Heav'n and earth are full of your glory,
Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest

Blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed is he
Who comes in the name, who comes in the Lord's own name!
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest

------------------------------

Memorial Acclamation 561 Farell
When we eat this bread and drink this cup
We proclaim your death, Lord Jesus Christ
Until you come in glory,
Until you come in glory,
Until you come in glory, Jesus Christ

562 Doxology and Great Amen
Priest: Through Him, with Him, in Him
In the unity of the Holy Spirit
All glory and honour is Yours, Almighty Father, Forever
All: Amen
Priest: Forever
All: Amen
Forever
All: Amen

Lamb of God 593 Litany for the breaking of the Bread
sample:  http://www.ocp.org/compositions/10538

 (GENERAL)
Jesus, Lamb of God and source of life
Jesus, loving bearer of our sins

Refrain:
Hear our prayer, have mercy;
Hear our prayer, have mercy;
give us your peace

Jesus, Son of God and Son of Man;
Jesus, true redeemer of the world: (refrain)

Jesus, Christ, our Way, our Truth, our Life:
Jesus Christ, our living Cornerstone: (refrain)

Jesus, Lord of life and Lord of light:
Jesus, here in form of bread and wine (refrain)

Communion     743 All that is hidden 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3hkmFu1JCM

Cantor:
If you would follow me,
follow where life will lead:
Do not look for me among the dead,
For I am hidden in pain, risen in love;
There is no harvest without sowing of grain.

Refrain (all:)
All that is hidden will be made clear.
All that is dark now will be revealed.
What you have heard in the dark
proclaim in the light;
What you hear in whispers
proclaim from the housetops.

Cantor:
If you would honor me,
Honor the least of these:
You will not find me dressed in finery.
My Word cries out to be heard;
breaks through the world:
My Word is on your lips and lives in your heart.
Refrain)

Choir:
If you would speak of me,
live all your life in me.
my ways are not the ways that you would choose;
my thoughts are far beyond yours,
as heaven from earth:
If you believe in me my voice will be heard.
(Refrain)

Choir:
If you would rise with me,
rise through your destiny:
do not refuse the death which brings you life,
for as the grain in the earth
must die for rebirth,
So I have planted your life deep within mine.


 980 Your words are spirit and life (optional)

Refrain:
Your words are spirit and life, O Lord:
richer than gold, stronger than death.
Your words are spirit and life, O Lord;
life everlasting.

1. God’s law is perfect, refreshing the soul,
reviving the weary spirit.
God’s rule can be trusted: bringing us wisdom,
bringing God’s wisdom to birth.

2. God’s precepts keep us; their purpose is right.
They gladden the hearts of people.
God’s command is so clear it brings us new vision;
bringing God’s light to our eyes.

3. Living by God’s truth is holy and sure;
God’s presence is everlasting.
God’s truth is eternal, bringing us justice;
bringing God’s justice to earth.

4. God’s word is precious, desired more than gold;
worth more than we dare imagine
and, sweeter than honey, this word will feed us,
bringing fulfilment and joy.


Final                970  Be Thou my Vision
Robin Mark version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EYYbwEqDlg

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought in the day and the night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my wisdom, be Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my breastplate, my sword for the fight;
Be Thou my armour, and be Thou my might;
Thou my soul’s shelter, and Thou my high tower:
Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance through all of my days;
Thou and Thou only, the first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my treasure Thou art!

High King of Heaven, when battle is done,
Grant Heaven’s joys to me, O bright heaven’s sun!
Christ of my own heart, whatever befall,
still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

Irish, c.8th C, tr. Mary Byrne (1881-1931)
Versified by Eleanor Hull (1860-1935)


No comments:

Post a Comment