Search This Blog

Friday 1 November 2019

Hymns for 10:30 Mass 31st Sunday OT Yr C November 3rd, 2019

Entrance:  475 Gather us in
Gloria:  Spoken 
Gospel Acc: 178 Halle halle halle 
Offertory: 706 Praise to the lord, the Almighty
Holy Holy   Mass of Hope
Men acc When we eat (Mass of Hope)
Communion 1:  795  I heard the voice of Jesus
Communion 2:  786 Turn to me
Final:  849 God forgave my sin (Freely, freely)

Entrance:  475 Gather us in

Here in this place,
new light is streaming,
Now is the darkness vanished away,
See in this space our fears and our dreamings,
Brought here to you in the light of this day.

Gather us in-
the lost and forsaken,
Gather us in-
the blind and the lame;
Call to us now,
and we shall awaken,
We shall arise at the sound of our name.

We are the young-
our lives are a myst’ry,
We are the old –
who yearn for your face,
We have been sung throughout all of hist’ry,
Called to be light to the whole human race.

Gather us in-
 the rich and the haughty,
Gather us in-
 the proud and the strong;
Give us a heart so meek and so lowly,
Give us the courage to enter the song.

Here we will take the wine and the water,
Here we will take the bread of new birth,
Here you shall call your sons and your daughters,
Call us anew to be salt for the earth.

Give us to drink the wine of compassion,
Give us to eat the bread that is you;
Nourish us well, and teach us to fashion
Lives that are holy and hearts that are true.

Gather us in and hold us forever,
Gather us in and make us your own;
Gather us in-
all peoples together,
Fire of love in our flesh and our bone.

Gloria:  Spoken 

Gospel Acc: 178 Caribbean Alleulia (Halle, Halle, Halle)
Refrain:

Halle halle Halle–luia ( 3 x)
Halle-luia! Halle-luia!

Offertory: 706 Praise to the Lord 

Praise to the Lord, the almighty, the King of creation!
O my soul, praise him, for he is your health and salvation:
All you who hear, now to his temple draw near,
Join in profound adoration.

Praise to the Lord, above all things so mightily reigning.,
Keeping us safe at his side, and so gently sustaining.
Have you not seen all you have needed has been
met by his gracious ordaining?

Praise to the Lord, who will prosper our work and defend us;
Surely his goodness and mercy here daily attend us;
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do,
Who with his love will befriend us.

Praise to the Lord! O let all that is in us adore him!
All that has life and breath, come now in praises before him!
Let the Amen sound from his people again,
now as we worship before him.


Holy Holy   559s  Holy Holy (revised-Mass of Hope by Farrell)

Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy Lord
Holy Lord, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heav’n and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest

Blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed is he
Who comes in the name,
who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest


Memorial Acclamation 2 561

When we eat this bread and drink this cup
When we eat this bread and drink this cup
We proclaim your death, O Lord
We proclaim your death, O Lord
We proclaim your Death until you come again.

Communion 1: 795 I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto me and rest;
lay down, you weary one, lay down
your head upon my breast."
I came to Jesus as I was,
so weary, worn, and sad;
I found in him a resting place,
and he has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
the living water; thirsty one,
stoop down and drink, and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
of that life-giving stream;
my thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
and now I live in him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"I am this dark world's light;
look unto me, your morn shall rise,
and all your day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
in him my Star, my Sun;
and in that light of life I'll walk
till traveling days are done.

Communion 2:  786 Turn to Me

Refrain:
Turn to me, O turn and be saved, says the Lord,
for I am God;
There is no other, none beside me.
I call your name.

I am God who comforts you;
who are you to be afraid,
of flesh that fades,
is made like the grass of the field,
soon to wither.

Listen to me, my people;
Give ear to me, my nation:
a law will go forth from me,
and my justice for a light to the people.

Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
and look at the earth down below.
the heavens will vanish like smoke,
and the earth will wear out like a garment.

Final:  849 God forgave my sin (Freely, freely)

God forgave my sin in Jesus' name.
I've been born again in Jesus' name
And in Jesus' name I come to you
To share his love as he told me to.

Refrain:
He said 'Freely, freely you have received;
freely, freely give.
Go in my name, and because you believe
others will know that I live.

All pow'r is giv'n in Jesus' name;
in earth and heav'n in Jesus' name;
and in Jesus' name I come to you
to share his pow'r as he told me to.

God gives us life in Jesus' name;
he lives in us in Jesus' name;
and in Jesus' name I come to you
to share his peace as he told me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment