Search This Blog

Thursday 21 September 2017

25th Sunday OT yr A 24th September 2017 SSMM 1030 Mass

Entrance 462 Gather your people, O Lord
Gloria  489 Mass of creation                   
Gosp. Acc. 543 African Alleluia
Offertory  731 For the fruits of all Creation
Holy Holy 490 Mass of creation
Mem. Acc. 491 Mass of creation (we proclaim)
Lamb of God (optional)
Communion 743 All that is Hidden
 620 Lord, how can I repay
Final 821 The Kingdom of God


Refrain
Gather your people, O Lord.
Gather your people, O Lord.
One bread, one body, one spirit of love.
Gather your people, O Lord.

1. Draw us forth to the table of life:
brothers and sisters,
each of us called to walk in your light.

2. We are parts of the body of Christ,
needing each other,
each of the gifts the Spirit provides.

3. No more harm on the mountain of God;
swords into ploughshares.
Free us, O Lord, from hardness of heart.

4. (extra verse as sprinkling song)
Wash us, Lord, in the waters of life;
waters of mercy,
waters of hope that flow from your side.


Gloria  489 The Gloria (Mass of Creation – revised setting)

Refrain:
Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to people
of good will. (repeat first time)

We praise you,
we bless you,
we adore you,
we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father. (refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ, Only Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us;
you take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;
you are seated at the right hand
of the Father,
have mercy on us.  (refrain)

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High,
Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father.
Amen.  (refrain)

Gosp. Acc. 543 African Alleluia (all parts-SATB)

Alleluia, Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!
Alleluia, Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!

Offertory  731 For the fruits of all creation

For the fruits of all creation, thanks be to God;
for these gifts to every nation, thanks be to God;
for the ploughing, sowing, reaping,
silent growth while we are sleeping,
future needs in earth's safekeeping, thanks be to God.

In the just reward of labour, God's will is done;
In the help we give our neighbour, God's will is done;
In our world-wide task of caring,
for the hungry and despairing,
in the harvests we are sharing, God's will is done.

For the harvests of the Spirit, thanks be to God;
For the good we all inherit, thanks be to God;
For the wonders that astound us,
for the truths that still confound us,
most of all that love has found us, thanks be to God.



Holy Holy 490s  Holy Holy     Mass of Creation (revised setting)

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest.
Blessed is he who comes in the name
of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.

Mem. Acc. 491 Mass of creation (we proclaim)
We proclaim your Death, O Lord,
and profess your Resurrection
until you come again, until you come again.

Lamb of God (optional)

Communion:
 743 All that is hidden

Cantor:
If you would follow me,
follow where life will lead:
Do not look for me among the dead,
For I am hidden in pain, risen in love;
There is no harvest without sowing of grain.

Refrain (all:)
All that is hidden will be made clear.
All that is dark now will be revealed.
What you have heard in the dark
proclaim in the light;
What you hear in whispers
proclaim from the housetops.

Cantor:
If you would honour me,
Honour the least of these:
You will not find me dressed in finery.
My Word cries out to be heard;
breaks through the world:
My Word is on your lips and lives in your heart.
Refrain)

Choir:
If you would speak of me,
live all your life in me.
my ways are not the ways that you would choose;
my thoughts are far beyond yours,
as heaven from earth:
If you believe in me my voice will be heard.
(Refrain)

Choir:
If you would rise with me,
rise through your destiny:
do not refuse the death which brings you life,
for as the grain in the earth
must die for rebirth,
So I have planted your life deep within mine.


620 Lord, how can I repay

Refrain:
Lord, how can I repay
All you ever give to me?
Your endless love an eternal flame:
Lord, if you say the word,
I will take your blessing cup
And I will call on your holy name

1.I trusted, went on trusting,
Through the night of pain
In my anguish and affliction
Human help was vain (refrain)

2. In the service of your people
I will spend my days
Giving freely of my life-blood
As I walk your ways (refrain)

3. You unbound me, gave me freedom
You I gladly serve.
In thanksgiving I will offer
Praise without reserve (refrain)

4. In the service of your people
I will spend my days
In your temple, in your Church, Lord,
Singing endless praise (refrain)


Final 821 The kingdom of God
The kingdom of God is justice and joy;
For Jesus restores what sin would destroy
God's power and glory in Jesus we know
And here and hereafter the kingdom shall grow

The kingdom of God is mercy and grace
The captives are freed, the sinners find place
The outcasts are welcomed God's banquet to share
And hope is awakened in place of despair

The kingdom of God is challenge and choice:
Believe the good news, repent and rejoice!
His love for us sinners brought Christ to his cross:
Our crisis of judgement for gain or for loss

God's kingdom is come, the gift and the goal;
In Jesus begun, in heaven made whole,
The heirs of the kingdom shall answer his call;
And all things cry 'Glory!' to God all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment