Search This Blog

Saturday 17 December 2016

4th Sunday of Advent

Entrance:  112 O come O come vs 4-6
Lighting of the candle: Advent Candle Song vs 4
Gospel acc:  72 Advent Gospel acc fir children vs 4a
Offertory: 88 wait for the lord
Holy holy, memorial acc, lamb of god:  plainchant
Communion:  
113 Angel gabriel 
343 where are you bound, Mary? 
Final:  858 God has chosen me

Entrance:  112 O come O come vs 4-6

(enter violins)
O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free
Thine own from Satan's tyranny
From depths of Hell Thy people save
And give them victory o'er the grave (Refrain)

Refrain:
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.

 (enter bass/elec. guitar as bass)
O come, Thou Key of David, come,
And open wide our heavenly home;
Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery. (Refrain)

O come, Thou dayspring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight. (Refrain)

O come, desire of nations, bind
in one the hearts of humankind,
bid every sad division cease,
and be thyself our Prince of Peace. (Refrain)

Lighting of the candle: Advent Candle Song vs 4

Gospel acc:  72 Advent Gospel acc fir children vs 4a

Offertory: 88 wait for the lord

Holy holy, memorial acc, lamb of god:  plainchant

Communion:  
113 The Angel Gabriel

The angel Gabriel from Heaven came,
His wings as drifted snow, his eyes as flame;
“All hail,” said he, “thou lowly maiden Mary,
Most highly favoured lady,” Gloria!

“For known a blessèd mother thou shalt be,
All generations laud and honour thee,
Thy Son shall be Emmanuel, by seers foretold,
Most highly favoured lady,” Gloria!

Then gentle Mary meekly bowed her head,
“To me be as it pleaseth God,” she said,
“My soul shall laud and magnify His holy Name.”
Most highly favoured lady, Gloria!

Of her, Emmanuel, the Christ, was born
In Bethlehem, all on a Christmas morn,
And Christian folk throughout the world will ever say

“Most highly favoured lady,” Gloria!


343 Where are you bound, Mary?

(Refrain)
Where are you bound, Mary, Mary ?
Where are you bound, Mother of God ?

Beauty is a dove sitting on a sunlit bough, b
beauty is a prayer without the need of words.
Words are more than sounds, falling off an empty tongue:
let it be according to his word. (Refrain)

Mary heard the word spoken in her inmost heart;
Mary bore the word and held him in her arms.
Sorrow she has known, seeing him upon the cross
-greater joy to see him rise again.  (Refrain)

Where are we all bound, carrying the Word of God ?
Time and place are ours to make his glory known.
Mary bore him first, we will tell the whole wide world ;
Let it be according to his word. (Refrain)

Final:  858 God has chosen me 

1. God has chosen me, God has chosen me
to bring good news to the poor.
God has chosen me, God has chosen me
to bring new sight to those searching for light:
God has chosen me, chosen me:

Refrain
And to tell the world that God's kingdom is near,
to remove oppression and breakdown fear,
(children) yes, God's time is near,
(adults) God's time is near,
(children) God's time is near,
(adults) God's time is near.

2. God has chosen me, God has chosen me
to set alight a new fire.
God has chosen me, God has chosen me
to bring to birth a new kingdom on earth:
God has chosen me, chosen me: (refrain)

3. God is calling me, God is calling me
in all whose cry is unheard.
God is calling me, God is calling me
to raise up the voice with no power or choice:
God is calling me, calling me: (refrain)

No comments:

Post a Comment