Search This Blog

Thursday 6 October 2016

28th Sunday 0T Yr C 9th Oct 2016

Entrance:   697 Sing a New song
Gloria   spoken
Acclamation  plainchant
Offertory   620  Lord how can I repay
Holy Holy:  plainchant
Mem. Acc:   plainchant - we proclaim
Lamb of God: spoken
Communion
941  There is a longing in our hearts
924  Servant song
Final 846 amazing grace Bradford v 1 and 2

Entrance:   697 Sing a new song unto the Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2g8K8igzsw

Refrain:
Sing a new song unto the Lord;
let your song be sung from mountains high.
Sing a new song unto the Lord, singing alleluia.

1. Yahweh's people dance for joy.
O come before the Lord.
And play for him on glad tambourines,
and let the trumpet sound. (Refrain)

2. Rise, O children, from your sleep;
your Saviour now has come.
He has turned your sorrow to joy
and filled your soul with song. (Refrain)

3. Glad my soul for I have seen
the glory of the Lord.
The trumpet sounds; the dead shall be raised.
I know my Saviour lives. (Refrain)

Gloria   spoken

Gospel Acclamation  261 Alleluia (Gospel Acclamation for Easter)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaGyFmb-Ta8

Offertory   620  Lord how can I repay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Srph2MJZLw

Refrain:
Lord, how can I repay
All you ever give to me?
Your endless love an eternal flame:
Lord, if you say the word,
I will take your blessing cup
And I will call on your holy name

1.I trusted, went on trusting,
Through the night of pain
In my anguish and affliction
Human help was vain (refrain)

2. In the service of your people
I will spend my days
Giving freely of my life-blood
As I walk your ways (refrain)

3. You unbound me, gave me freedom
You I gladly serve.
In thanksgiving I will offer
Praise without reserve (refrain)

4. In the service of your people
I will spend my days
In your temple, in your Church, Lord,
Singing endless praise (refrain)

Holy Holy:  plainchant
https://youtu.be/Mzqtth5vFZM

Mem. Acc:   plainchant
https://youtu.be/L5M-hQeiZYQ

Lamb of God: spoken

Communion  941 There is a longing
http://www.spiritandsong.com/compositions/13226

Refrain
There is a longing in our hearts, O Lord,
for you to reveal yourself to us.
There is a longing in our hearts
for love we only find in you, our God.

1. For justice, for freedom,
for mercy: hear our prayer.
In sorrow, in grief:
be near, hear our prayer, O God.

2. For wisdom, for courage,
for comfort: hear our prayer.
In weakness, in fear:
be near, hear our prayer, O God.

3. For healing, for wholeness,
for new life: hear our prayer.
In sickness, in death:
be near, hear our prayer, O God.

4. Lord save us, take pity,
light in our darkness.
We call you, we wait:
be near, hear our prayer, O God.

924  Servant Song
https://youtu.be/E_wMO5KxeAI

Brother, sister, let me serve you
Let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant, too.

We are pilgrims on a journey
We are trav'llers on the road;
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night-time of your fear;
I will hold my hand out to you,
Speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping;
When you laugh I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through.

When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony,
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony.
(repeat verse 1)


Final 846 Amazing grace Bradford v 1&2
bradford/claz’s version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTK3lTFUeOU

Refrain:
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

1. T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
(refrain)

2. Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.
(refrain)

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.
(refrain)

No comments:

Post a Comment