Search This Blog

Friday 4 October 2013

27th Sunday 0T 6th Oct 2013

(UPDATE: Video for Gathering Mass has been uploaded)

Entrance:   869  Lord of Creation  (in 4/4 time)
Gloria    Gathering Mass (revised)
Acclamation  Melchizedek Alleluia
Offertory   608 Take my hands
Holy Holy:  570s Holy, Holy, Holy (The Revised Gathering Mass)
Mem. Acc:   571b Memorial Acc. 2 (The Revised Gathering Mass)
Lamb of God:
Communion  792  Eye has not seen
284 We walk by Faith
Final 966 Walk with me O my Lord

Entrance:   869  Lord of Creation  (Tune of 970 Be thou my vision - in 4/4 time)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkcOOCwojoo - my version but we'll do it slightly slower
(slightly faster than this) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT0K05RcIIA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYuhFBQDv00

Lord of Creation, to you be all praise!
Most mighty your working, most wondrous your ways!
You reign in a glory no tongue e'er can tell;
you deign in the heart of the humble to dwell.

Lord of all power, I give you my will,
in joyful obedience your tasks to fulfill.
Your bondage is freedom, your service is song;
and, held in your keeping, my weakness is strong.

Lord of all wisdom, I give you my mind,
rich truth that surpasses our knowledge to find.
What eye has not seen and what ear never heard
is taught by your Spirit and shines from your Word.

Lord of all bounty, I give you my heart;
I praise and adore you for all you impart;
your love to inspire me, your counsel to guide,
your presence to cheer me whatever betide.

Lord of all being, I give you my all;
if e'er I disown you, I stumble and fall;
but, sworn in glad service your word to obey,
I walk in your freedom to the end of the way.

Gloria    Gathering Mass (revised)  -
http://youtu.be/gLGE2pRRa8c

REFRAIN
Glory, glory to God,
glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace, on earth
peace to people of good will.
(All: repeat)

We praise you, we bless you,
we adore you, we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father.
(Refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ, Lord Jesus Christ,
Only    Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy, mercy on us;
(All: have mercy, mercy on us;)
you take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;  receive our prayer
(All: receive our prayer; receive our prayer)
you are seated at the right hand
at the right hand of the Father,
have mercy, mercy on us
(All: have mercy, mercy on us)

(Interlude:)
(REFRAIN)

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the Glory, glory of God,
the glory of God the   Father.

Amen  All: Amen.

Gospel Acclamation:  Melchizedek Alleluia
Refrain only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r89sQi85tz8

G C D     G
   Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!
G C D     G
Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!

Offertory   608 Take my hands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnYzagXbJ3k

Take my hands and make them as your own,
And use them for your kingdom here on earth,
Consecrate them to your care,
Anoint them for your service where,
You may need your Gospel to be sown.

Take my hands they speak now for my heart,
And by their actions they will show their love,
Guard them on their daily course,
Be their strength and guiding force,
To ever serve the Trinity above.

Take my hands I give them to you Lord,
Prepare them for the service of your name,
Open them to human need,
And by their love they'll sow your seed,
So all may know the love and hope you give,

Take my hands, take my hands O Lord.

Holy Holy:  570s Holy, Holy, Holy (The Revised Gathering Mass)
http://www.ocp.org/compositions/53767 - melody only

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord,
Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth, Heaven and earth
are full of your glory, Lord God of hosts.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest.

Blessed, blessed is he who comes,
Blessed, blessed is he who comes,
Blessed is he, blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest

Mem Acc.: 571b Memorial Acc. 2 (The Revised Gathering Mass)
http://www.ocp.org/compositions/54180

When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
until you come again.
(repeat refrain)

Lamb of God: spoken

Communion  
792  Eye has not seen
http://youtu.be/rRyOS0nZr7s

Refrain:
Eye has not seen, ear has not heard
what God has ready for those who love him.
Spirit of love, come, give us the mind of Jesus;
teach us the wisdom of God.

When pain and sorrow weigh us down,
be near to us, O Lord;
Forgive the weakness of our faith,
and bear us up within your peaceful word. (Refrain)

Our lives are but a single breath,
we flower and we face;
Yet all our days are in your hands,
so we return in love what love has made. (Refrain)

To those who see with eyes of faith,
the Lord is ever near,
Reflected in the faces
of all the poor and lowly of the world. (Refrain)

We sing a mystery from the past
in halls where saints have trod;
Yet ever new the music rings
to Jesus living Song of God. (Refrain)

284 We walk by Faith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hk_7EUvwv8

We walk by faith, and not by sight;
no gracious words we hear
of Him who spoke as none e'er spoke;
but we believe Him near.

We may not touch his hands and side,
nor follow where he trod;
yet in his promise we rejoice;
and cry, "My Lord and God!"

Help then, O Lord, our unbelief;
and may our faith abound,
to call on you when you are near,
and seek where you are found:

that, when our life of faith is done,
in realms of clearer light
we may behold you as you are,
with full and endless sight.

We walk by faith, and not by sight;
no gracious words we hear
of Him who spoke as none e'er spoke;
but we believe Him near.


Final 966 Walk with me O my Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8UinjcUWhc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qug1yqeJQ0Y

refrain
Walk with me, oh my Lord,
Through the darkest night and brightest day
Be at my side, oh Lord,
Hold my hand and guide me on my way.

1. Sometimes the road seems long,
My energy is spent.
Then, Lord, I think of you
And I am given strength (refrain)

2. Stones often bar my path,
And there are times I fall,
But you are always there
To help me when I call. (refrain)

3. Just as you calmed the wind
And walked upon the sea
Conquer, my living Lord
The storms that threaten me. (refrain)

4. Help me to pierce the mists
That cloud my heart and mind,
So that I shall not fear
The steepest mountain-side. (refrain)

5. As once you healed the lame
And gave sight to the blind
Help me when I'm downcast
To hold my head up high. (refrain)



No comments:

Post a Comment