Search This Blog

Thursday 21 February 2013

2nd Sunday of Lent 23rd Feb 2013

(UPDATE: LIST HAS BEEN FINALIZED)

Entrance  470 God is here! As we his people
Psalm   Psalm 26 (27) hymn#44 by Stephen Dean
Gospel Acclamation #185 Gospel Acclamation 2 for Lent or #200 Praise to you  (Farrell)
Offertory  604 Lord accept these gifts
Holy Holy  German Mass/plainchant
Mem. Acc plainchant
Communion  209  How good, Lord, to be here!
994  May you walk with Christ beside you (instrumental or vocal solo with solo keyboard/guitar)
final 970 Be thou my vision

Entrance  470 God is here! As we his people (Tune: Blaenwern)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljrz_bAhUk4

1) God is here! As we your people meet to offer praise and prayer,
May we find in fuller measure what it is in Christ we share.
Here, as in the world around us, all our varied skills and arts
Wait the coming of the Spirit into open minds and hearts.

2) Here are symbols to remind us of our lifelong need of grace;
Here are table, font, and pulpit, here the cross has central place.
Here in honesty of preaching, here in silence, as in speech,
Here in newness and renewal, God the Spirit comes to each.

3) Here our children find a welcome in the shepherd's flock and fold;
Here as bread and wine are taken, Christ sustains us as of old.
Here the servants of the Servant seek in worship to explore
What it means in daily living to believe and to adore.

4) Sovereign God, of earth and heaven, in an age of change and doubt,
Keep us faithful to the gospel, help us work your purpose out.
Here, in this day's dedication, all we have to give, receive;
We, who cannot live without you, we adore you! We believe!

Tune: "Abbot's Leigh", Cyril V. Taylor, 1941

Psalm   Psalm 26 (27) hymn#44 by Stephen Dean 

The Lord is my light and my help;
it is He who protects me from harm.
The Lord is the strength of my days;
before whom should I tremble with fear? (Refrain)

There is one thing I ask of the Lord;
that He grant me my heartfelt desire.
To dwell in the courts of our God
ev'ry day of my life in His presence. (Refrain)

O Lord, hear my voice when I cry;
have mercy on me and give answer.
Do not cast me away in you anger,
for you are the God of my help. (Refrain)

I am sure I shall see the Lord's goodness;
I shall dwell in the land of the living.
Hope in God, stand firm and take heart,
place all your trust in the Lord. (Refrain)

Gospel Acclamation #185 Gospel Acclamation 2 for Lent or #200 Praise to you  (Farrell)

185 Gospel Acc. 2 for Lent 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNq04R3FF-0

Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ,
Word of the Father, Son of God

From the bright cloud
the Father's voice was heard:
"This is my Son, the Beloved.
Listen to him!"

Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ,
Word of the Father, Son of God

200 Praise to you  (Farrell)
http://www.ocp.org/compositions/1478

Praise to you, O Christ, our Saviour,
Word of the Father, calling us to life;
Son of God who leads us to freedom:
glory to you, Lord Jesus Christ!

(verse)

Offertory 604  Lord, accept the gifts we offer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxmzn84i7dQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46FDDHsQUIY

Lord accept the gifts we offer
at this Eucharistic feast,
bread and wine to be transformed now
through the action of thy priest.
Take us, too, Lord, and transform us,
be thy grace in us increased.

May our souls be pure and spotless
as the host of wheat so fine;
may all stain of sin be crushed out,
like the grape that forms the wine,
as we, too, become partakers
in this sacrifice divine.

Take our gifts, almighty Father,
living God, eternal, true,
which we give through Christ, our Saviour,
pleading here for us anew.
Grant salvation to all present,
and our faith and love renew.

Tune: St. Thomas (Tantum Ergo) from S. Webbe's Motetts or Antiphons
Lyrics: Sister M. Teresine Fonder (1897-1988)

Holy Holy  German Mass/plainchant
Mem. Acc plainchant

Communion 209  How good, Lord, to be here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGhvagNim_g

How good, Lord, to be here!
Your glory fills the night;
Your face and garments, like the sun,
Shine with unborrowed light.

How good, Lord, to be here,
Your beauty to behold
Where Moses and Elijah stand,
Your messengers of old.

Fulfiller of the past
And hope of things to be!
We hail your body glorified
And our redemption see.

Before we taste of death,
We see your kingdom come;
We long to hold the vision bright
And make this hill our home.

How good, Lord, to be here!
Yet we may not remain;
But since you bid us leave the mount,
Come with us to the plain.


994  May you walk with Christ beside you (instrumental or vocal solo with solo keyboard/guitar)
http://www.ocp.org/compositions/15776

final 970 Be Thou my Vision
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EYYbwEqDlg

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought in the day and the night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my wisdom, be Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my breastplate, my sword for the fight;
Be Thou my armour, and be Thou my might;
Thou my soul’s shelter, and Thou my high tower:
Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance through all of my days;
Thou and Thou only, the first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my treasure Thou art!

High King of Heaven, when battle is done,
Grant Heaven’s joys to me, O bright heaven’s sun!
Christ of my own heart, whatever befall,
still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Irish, c.8th C, tr. Mary Byrne (1881-1931)
Versified byb Eleanor Hull (1860-1935)

No comments:

Post a Comment