Search This Blog

Saturday 9 June 2012

Funeral Mass for Mrs. Fernandes 13th June 2012

Entrance: 846 Amazing Grace - (Organ-led)
Resp.Psalm 806 The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want
Offertory: 631 Bread of Life
Holy Holy: 578s (German Mass)
Great Amen: 579s (German Mass)
Communion:
In Christ Alone (backing track)
360 As I Kneel Before You (4/4 time)
End: Immaculate Mary - (Organ-led)

Entrance: 846 Amazing Grace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoJz2SANTyo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOrlCYp8TgU
http://www.spiritandsong.com/compositions/116

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.


Resp.Psalm 806 The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZJMlbuD5Z

The Lord’s my Shepherd, I’ll not want.
He makes me down to lie (short pause)
in pastures green. He leadeth me
the quiet waters by.

My soul He doth restore again,
and me to walk doth make (short pause)
within the paths of righteousness,
even for His own name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk in death’s dark vale,
yet will I fear none ill. (short pause)
For Thou art with me, and Thy rod
and staff me comfort still.

My table Thou hast furnishèd
in presence of my foes, (short pause)
my head Thou dost with oil anoint,
and my cup overflows.

Goodness and mercy all my life
shall surely follow me. (short pause)
And in God’s house for evermore
my dwelling-place shall be.

Psalm 23 from the Scottish Psalter, 1650
Music by Jessi Irvine (1836-1887)
Descant by W. Baird Ross

Offertory: 631 Bread of Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1eNg2uT8ug (sample clip start at 0:10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7CRUSaDr1U

Refrain:  (guitar only)
Bread of Life, Truth Eternal,
Broken now to set us free,
The risen Christ, his saving power,
is here in bread and wine for me.

Lord, I know I am not worthy to receive you. (enter keyboard)
You speak the words and I am healed.
Here at your table, love’s mystery,
One bread, one cup, one family, (Refrain - enter percussion)

Lord, by your cross you reconciled us to the Father.
We have only to believe.
Your sacrifice, our victory
Now by your blood we are redeemed. (Refrain)

Lord, you gave your people Manna in the desert.
Still you fulfil our every need.
Lord, when we hunger, Lord, when we thirst,
We come to you and we receive. (Refrain)

(last time)
is here in bread and wine for me.


578 Holy Holy  (German Mass)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLLZ3sKQZo

Holy, Holy, Holy
Lord God of hosts
Holy, Holy, Holy
Lord God of hosts
Heaven and earth are full
Full of your glory
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.
Blessed is he who comes
in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.

Memorial acc: 579  (German Mass) - revised
(same tune)
When we eat this Bread
and drink this Cup,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
until you come again


Great Amen:
(same tune)
Amen, amen, amen. Amen.

Communion:
In Christ Alone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENtL_li4GbE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8welVgKX8Qo
lyrics and chords: http://www.worshiparchive.com/song/in-christ-alone

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fulness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
'Til on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

360 As I Kneel Before You (we are playing in 4/4 time, lead-in by percussion)
http://youtu.be/Lqa3NJit2LE


As I kneel before you,
as I bow my head in prayer,
take this day, make it yours
and fill me with your love.

Refrain:
Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
benedicta tu.

All I have I give you,
Ev'ry dream and wish are yours;
mother of Christ, mother of mine,
present them to my Lord. (refrain)

As I kneel before you,
and I see your smiling face,
ev'ry thought, ev'ry word
is lost in your embrace. (refrain)

End: 365 Immaculate  Mary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcs6WPjZi0k

Immaculate, Mary!
Our hearts are on fire.
That title so wondrous
Fills all our desire!

Chorus
Ave, Ave, Ave, Maria!
Ave, Ave, Ave, Maria!

We pray for God's glory,
May His Kingdom come.
We pray for His Vicar,
Our Father, and Rome.

We pray for our Mother,
The Church upon earth.
And bless, sweetest Lady,
The land of our birth.

For poor, sick, afflicted
thy mercy we crave;
and comfort the dying
thou light of the grave.

In grief and temptation,
in joy or in pain,
we'll ask thee, our mother,
nor seek thee in vain.

In death's solemn moment,
our mother, be nigh;
as children of Mary -
help us when we die.

And crown thy sweet mercy
with this special grace,
to behold soon in heaven
God's ravishing face.

To God be all glory
and worship for aye,
and to God's virgin mother
an endless Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment