Search This Blog

Thursday 29 March 2012

Holy Week: Family Celebration of Maundy Thursday

Hymns For Passion Sunday go to:
http://may-i-g.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/passion-sunday-yr-b-1st-april-2012.html

Rehearsals for Family/Children's services for Holy Week: (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday) will be on 1st April 1-4 pm at the Parish Centre.

HYMN LISTS:

Family Celebration for Maundy Thursday:
ENTRANCE HYMN:  749 Servant King
PASSOVER MEAL - HYMN: 640 Bread to Share (verses Sung in between readings)

  1. Candles: verse 1
  2. wine:  verse 6
  3. bread: verse 2
  4. lamb, egg and marror: verse 3
  5. charoset, salt water and parsley - verse 4
  6. Final: verse 10 and refrain

2. GOSPEL READING:
Washing of hands: 927 Servant Song
The Last Supper 627 This is my body
Invitation to share in the bread and wine: 55 Our Blessing Cup

RECESSIONAL HYMN: 920 A New Commandment

---------------------

ENTRANCE HYMN: 749 - Servant King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBd3ThCResI

From heaven You came, helpless babe
Entered our world, Your glory veiled
Not to be served but to serve
And give Your life that we might live

REFRAIN:
This is our God, the SERVANT KING;
He calls us now to follow Him
To bring our lives as a daily offering
Of worship to the SERVANT KING.

There in the garden of tears
My heavy load He chose to bear;
His heart with sorrow was torn,
Yet not my will, but Yours he said.

Come see His hands and his feet,
The scars that speak of sacrifice
Hands that flung stars into space
To cruel nails surrendered

So let us learn now to serve,
And in our lives enthrone Him
Each other's needs to prefer
For it is Christ we're serving

PASSOVER MEAL - 640 Bread to Share (verses Sung in between readings)
http://resources.giamusic.com/mp3s/4279.mp3

Plenty of bread at the feast of life, plenty of bread to share.
Plenty of bread at the feast of life, there is plenty of bread to share.

1. Bread for every hunger: you have plenty to share.
The bread of joy and gladness: you have plenty to share.
The bread of grace and mercy: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of bread to share.

2. Bread for those who sorrow: you have plenty to share.
The bread of life and laughter: you have plenty to share.
The bread of strength and justice: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of bread to share.

3. Bread for every sister: you have plenty to share.
Bread for every brother: you have plenty to share.
Bread for freedom's journey: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of bread to share.

4. Bread of hope and kndness: you have plenty to share.
Bread of your compassion: you have plenty to share.
Bread of love and welcome: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of bread to share.

5. Fish for those who hunger: you have plenty to share.
Joy for all who sorrow: you have plenty to share.
Faith for unbelievers: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of fish to share.

Plenty of wine at the feast of life, plenty of wine to share.
Plenty of wine at the feast of life, there is plenty of wine to share.

6. Wine of our rememberance: you have plenty to share.
Wine of dreams and visions: you have plenty to share.
Wine of celebration: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of wine to share.

Plenty of wine at the feast of life, plenty of wine to share.
Plenty of wine at the feast of life, there is plenty of wine to share.

7. Wine of our forgiveness: you have plenty to share.
Wine of redemption: you have plenty to share.
Wine of our tomorrow: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of wine to share.

Plenty of room at the feast of life, plenty of room to share.
Plenty of room at the feast of life, there is plenty of room to share.

8. Room for those forgotten: you have plenty to share.
Room for those rejected: you have plenty to share.
Room for all the outcasts: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of room to share.

Plenty of room at the feast of life, plenty of room to share.
Plenty of room at the feast of life, there is plenty of room to share.

9. Room for all the children: you have plenty to share.
Room for all the elders: you have plenty to share.
Room for all the lonely: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of room to share.

Plenty of room at the feast of life, plenty of room to share.
Plenty of room at the feast of life, there is plenty of room to share.

10. Room for those who suffer: you have plenty to share.
Room for all the dying: you have plenty to share.
Room that sings of new life: You have plenty to share,
you have plenty of room to share.

THE LAST SUPPER
1. INTRODUCTION
2. GOSPEL READING:
a: Washing of hands: 924  Servant Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wMO5KxeAI

Brother, sister, let me serve you
Let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant, too.

We are pilgrims on a journey
We are trav'llers on the road;
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night-time of your fear;
I will hold my hand out to you,
Speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping;
When you laugh I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through.

When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony,
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony.


b: The Last Supper 627 This is my body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg9dT7YZ0aY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYaBJnhIFaQ

This is My body, broken for you,
bringing you wholeness, making you free.
Take it and eat it, and when you do,
do it in love for Me.

This is my blood poured out for you,
bringing forgiveness, making you free.
Take it and drink it, and when you do
do it in love for Me.

Back to my Father soon I shall go.
Do not forget me; then you will see
I am still with you, and you will know
you're very close to me.

Filled with my Spirit, how you will grow!
You are my branches; I am the tree.
If you are faithful, others will know
you are alive in me.

Love one another - I have loved you,
and I have shown you how to be free;
serve one another, and when you do,
do it in love for me.

c: Invitation to share in the bread and wine: 55 Our Blessing Cup (Bob Hurd)
http://www.ocp.org/products/99954
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=debtdYA0Xe0

Refrain:
Our blessing cup is a communion
with the Blood of Christ.
And the bread we break it is a sharing
with the Body of the Lord.

1. How can we make a return for all the goodness God has shown?We will take the cup of life,
and call upon God's name. (refrain)

2. Precious indeed in your sight
the life and death of those you love.
We are your servants
for you have set us free

3. Gracious and merciful God,
we give you thanks and bless your name
with all your people,
praise and glory to your name.

4. For you have heard my voice
for you have heard my pleading
Though death surrounded me,
you heard and answered me.

RECESSIONAL HYMN: 920 A new commandment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD3Hs8WlIis

A new commandment I give unto you,
That you love one another as I have loved you,
That you love one another as I have loved you.

By this shall all mankind know you are my disciples,
if you have love one for another.
By this shall all mankind know
you are My disciples,
if you have love one for another.

A new commandment I give unto you,
That you love one another as I have loved you,
That you love one another as I have loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment