Search This Blog

Thursday 17 November 2011

Christ the King 20th November


Hymn list (still to be confirmed):

Entrance: 706 praise to the Lord, the Almighty
Gloria Mass of Creation
psalm 23..  951 Shepherd me O God

268 Alleluia, Alleluia, give thanks to the Risen Lord.

Offertory: 609 In bread we bring you Lord
or 874 Take my life 

Eucharistic: Mass of Creation

Communion:
926  Whatsoever you do
Shout to the Lord

Final 767 Majesty
-----------------------

706 Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
I LOVE THIS VERSION http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-3d2QZ2rPE (same key as Laudate) 
Praise to the Lord, the almighty, the King of creation!
O my soul, praise him, for he is your health and salvation:
All you who hear, now to his temple draw near,
Join in profound adoration.

Praise to the Lord, above all things so mightily reigning.,
Keeping us safe at his side, and so gently sustaining.
Have you not seen all you have needed has been 
met by his gracious ordaining?

Praise to the Lord, who will prosper our work and defend us;
Surely his goodness and mercy here daily attend us;
Ponder anew What the Almighty can do,
who with his love will befriend us.

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!

Praise to the Lord! O let all that is in us adore him!
All that has life and breath, come now in praises before him!
Let the Amen sound from his people again,
now as we worship before him.

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!

Melody: Lobe den Herren from Praxis Pietatis Melica (German, 17th C)
Joachim Neander (1650-80) tr. C. Winkworth (1827-78 alt.

Psalm 23 951 Shepherd me O God -  (by Marty Haugen)

Refrain:
Shepherd me, O God, beyond my wants,
beyond my fears, from death into life.

1. God is my shepherd,
so nothing shall I want,
I rest in the meadowsof faithfulness and love,
I walk by the quiet waters of peace.

2. Gently you raise me and heal my weary soul,
you lead me by pathways of righteousness and truth,
my spirit shall singthe music of your Name.

3. Though I should wander the valley of death,
I fear no evil,
for you are at my side,
your rod and your staff,
my comfort and my hope.

4. You have set me a banquet of love in the face of hatred,
crowning me with love beyond my power to hold.

5. Surely your kindness and mercy follow me all the days of my life;
I will dwell in the house of my God forevermore.

268 Alleluia, Alleluia, give thanks to the Risen Lord.

Alleluia, Alleluia
Give thanks to the risen Lord
Alleluia, alleluia, give praise to His name

Jesus is Lord of all the earth
He is the King of creation



Communion:  926 Whatsoever you do
Refrain:
Whatsoever you do to the least of my people,
That you do unto me.
Whatsoever you do to the least of my people,
That you do unto me.

When I was hungry you gave me to eat
When I was thirsty you gave me to drink.
Now enter into the home of my Father.

When I was homeless you opened the door
When I was naked you gave me your coat
Now enter into the home of my Father.

When I was weary you helped me find rest.
When I was anxious you calmed all my fears.
Now enter into the home of my Father.

When in a prison you came to my cell.
When on a sick bed you cared for my needs.
Now enter into the home of my Father.

When I was aged you bothered to smile.
When I was restless you listened and cared.
Now enter into the home of my Father.

When I was laughed at you stood by my side.
When I was happy you shared in my joy.
Now enter into the home of my Father.

Shout to the Lord

My Jesus, My Saviour,
Lord, there is none like You;
All of my days I want to praise
the wonders of Your mighty love.

My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength;
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You.

Refrain:
Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King;
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name.

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands,
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand,
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You.
(repeat verses)

Nothing compares to the promise I have in You. (2 X)

FINAL HYMN: 767 Majesty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF9ibH6EPz4 (nice version but a bit too slow)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AImp8cEBILg (sung in a higher key, but in the right tempo)

Majesty worship His Majesty
Unto Jesus, be all glory, Power and praise
Majesty, Kingdom authority
Flow from His throne, Unto his own, His anthem raise.

So exalt, lift up on high the Name of Jesus
Magnify, come glorify, Christ Jesus the King
Majesty, worship His Majesty
Jesus who died, now glorified, King of all Kings.
(repeat verse 1 and 2 except last line)

Jesus who died, now glorified (2x)
King of all Kings!

-------------------------------
while surfing YouTube, I found this lovely video:
Instruments of Peace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBc4uxiXsfc

No comments:

Post a Comment