Search This Blog

Friday 8 April 2011

5th Day of Lent Yr A - 1030 Mass

Entrance: 673 This day God gives me
GLORIA     (none)
Resp. Psalm    59 Psalm 129
Gosp. Acc.    185 gosp. Acc 2 Lent
Offertory     874 take my life
Holy Holy 559 Farell
Mem. Acc. 561 Farell
Doxology & Great Amen: 562 Farell
Lamb of God    593 Litany of breaking of bread (lent verses)
Communion    629 I am the bread of Life
748 Unless a grain of wheat
Final    302 Breathe on me breath of God...

Entrance: 673 This day God gives me (Bunessan tune)
(lyrics only, tempo much too fast) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW1EVbU2dAQ

1.This day God gives me Strength of high heaven
Sun and Moon shining, Flame in my hearth
Flashing of lightning, Wind in its swiftness,
Deeps of the ocean, Firmness of earth.

2. This day God sends me Strength as my steersman,
Might to uphold me, Wisdom as guide.
Your eyes are watchful, your ears are list'ning,
Your lips are speaking, friend at my side.

3. God's way is my way, God's shield is 'round me,
God's host defends me, saving from ill.
Angels of heaven, drive from me always
All that would harm me, stand by me still.

4. Rising I thank you, mighty and strong One
King of creation, Giver of rest.
Firmly confessing Threeness of Persons
Oneness of Godhead, Trinity blest.

GLORIA     (none)


Resp. Psalm    59 Psalm 129 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdqH10OPms

Gosp. Acc.  
185 Gospel Acc. 2 for Lent

Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ,
Word of the Father, Son of God

(verse wk 5)

Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ,
Word of the Father, Son of God

Offertory     874 take my life

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and purposeful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my intellect, and use every power as thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.


Holy Holy 559 Holy Holy (Farrell Eucharistic Acclamations)


Holy, holy, holy Lord God of power,
Lord God of might, Lord God of pow'r and might.
Heav'n and earth are full of your glory,
Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest

Blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed is he
Who comes in the name, who comes in the Lord's own name!
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest

------------------------------

MEM ACC 561

When we eat this bread and drink this cup
We proclaim your death, Lord Jesus Christ
Until you come in glory,
Until you come in glory,
Until you come in glory, Jesus Christ

562 Doxology and Great Amen
Priest: Through Him, with Him, in Him
In the unity of the Holy Spirit
All glory and honour is Yours, Almighty Father, Forever
All: Amen
Priest: Forever
All: Amen
Forever
All: Amen

Lamb of God    593 Litany of breaking of bread (Verses for Lent)

Jesus, source of everlasting life;
Jesus, source of reconciling love:

Refrain:
Hear our prayer, have mercy;
Hear our prayer, have mercy;
give us your peace

Jesus, by whose suffering we are healed:
Jesus, man of sorrows, friend of grief: (refrain)

Jesus, crucified, transcending time:
Jesus, Saviour, by whose death we live: (refrain)

Communion    629 I am the bread of Life
http://youtu.be/CknWyJThxLE

I am the bread of life.
You who come to Me shall not hunger;
and who believe in Me shall not thirst
No one can come to Me
Unless the Father draw him

Refrain:
And I will raise you up
And I will raise you up
And I will raise you up on the last day

The bread that I will give
is My flesh for the life of the world
and if you eat of this bread
you shall live for ever
you shall live for ever (refrain)

Unless you eat
Of the flesh of the Son of Man
And drink of His blood
And drink of His blood
You shall not have life within you                  
(refrain)

I am the resurrection
I am the life
If you believe in Me
Even though you die,
You shall live for ever (refrain)

Yes, Lord, I believe
That You are the Christ
The Son of God
Who has come
Into the world (refrain)

748 Unless a grain of wheat


Refrain:
Unless a grain of wheat shall fall 
upon the ground and die
it remains but a single grain 
with no life.

Verses:
1. If we have died with him, then we shall live with him;
if we hold firm, we shall reign with him. (Refrain)

2. If any one serves me, then they must follow me;
wherever I am, my servants will be. (Refrain)

3. Make your home in me as I make mine in you;
those who remain in me bear much fruit. (Refrain)

4. If you remain in me and my word lives in you;
then you will be my disciples.(Refrain)

5. Those who love me are loved by my Father;
we shall be with them and dwell in them.(Refrain)

6. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you;
peace which the world cannot give is my gift. (Refrain)

Final    302 Breathe on me breath of God...
http://www.hymnswithoutwords.com/hymns/Breathe_on_me_breath_of_God
Breathe on me, Breath of God,
fill me with life anew,
that I may love what thou dost love,
and do what thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
until my heart is pure,
until with thee I will one will,
to do and to endure.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
till I am wholly thine,
till all this earthly part of me
glows with thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
so shall I never die,
but live with thee the perfect life
of thine eternity. 


Other songs we can explore for holy week (watch this space since we're still choosing the music!)
621 Now we remain (david haas)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq1UqT7OMaI

704 Praise the lord! ye heavens correct tune by haydyn
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abewfttvEqg

225 Were You There
http://youtu.be/d2-NG8ZSa00 a capella, but chords are different from Laudate
http://youtu.be/FXexU27jCRM (starts at 0:58) by Crystal Lewis
http://youtu.be/xu_GW2osRVA by a true Gospel Great, Marion Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment