Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 May 2009

5th Sunday of Easter songs

Hi! Here are the songs for this Sunday's mass: (pls note that the song number of A new Commandment has been corrected)

Entrance: 697 Sing a new song unto the Lord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2g8K8igzsw

Refrain:

Sing a new song unto the Lord;
let your song be sung from mountains high.
Sing a new song unto the Lord, singing alleluia.

1. Yahweh's people dance for joy.
O come before the Lord,
and play for him on glad tambourines,
and let your trumpet sound. (Refrain)

2. Rise, O children, from your sleep;
your Saviour now has come.
He has turned your sorrow to joy
and filled your soul with song. (Refrain)

3. Glad my soul for I have seen
the glory of the Lord.
The trumpet sounds; the dead shall be raised.
I know my Saviour lives. (Refrain)

---------------

Gloria: 526 Coventry Gloria

Refrain:
Cantor/choir:
Glory to God, glory in the highest, peace to his people peace on earth

(All: repeat)


Cantor/choir:Lord God, heavenly King, almighty God and Father
All: Glory to god, glory in the highest, peace to his people peace on earth

Cantor/choir: We worship you
All: glory in the highest
Cantor/choir: Give you thanks
All: glory in the highest
Cantor/choir: Praise you for your glory

(Refrain)

Cantor/choir: Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father, Lord God, Lamb of God
You take away the sin of the world, have mercy on us
All: have mercy on us
Cantor/choir: You are seated at the right hand of the Father, receive our prayer
All: receive our prayer
(Refrain)

Cantor/choir: For you alone are the Holy One, you alone are the Lord
You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God, the glory of God the Father
(Refrain)

Cantor/choir: Amen (All: Amen)

---------------
Alleluia: 178 Halle halle Halle

In this clip the refrain & words of the verses are slightly different
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBMBkmGPXo&feature=related

This video clip has the same refrain as our Laudate, but the words & melody of the verses are different. Interesting to listen to for the instrumentals & percussion, though and the male 2nd voices.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXaKJs1rP1M

We have a new verse this week, pls sing in the same melody as refrain.

Refrain: Halle halle Halle –luia ( 3 x) Halle-luia halle-luia

Make your home within me: I live in you (3 x)
Stay with me…and bear much fruit.
(repeat Refrain)

--------------------------

Offertory: 748 Unless a grain of wheat

I was only able to find a short clip for this but I hope you'll remember the melody for the verses: http://www.ocp.org/songs/618

Refrain:
Unless a grain of wheat shall fall upon the ground and die
it remains but a single grain with no life.

Verses:
1. If we have died with him, then we shall live with him;
if we hold firm, we shall reign with him. (Refrain)
2. If any one serves me, then they must follow me;
wherever I am, my servants will be. (Refrain)
3. Make your home in me as I make mine in you;
those who remain in me bear much fruit.(Refrain)
4. If you remain in me and my word lives in you;
then you will be my disciples.(Refrain)
5. Those who love me are loved by my Father;
we shall be with them and dwell in them.(Refrain)
6. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you;
peace which the world cannot give is my gift. (Refrain)

--------------------------

Communion 1: 627 This is my body
(sorry, can't find an video or mp3 link. )

This is my body broken for you
bringing you wholeness, making you free
Take it and eat it and when you do
Do it in love for me.

This is my blood poured out for you
bringing forgiveness, making you free
Take it and eat it and when you do
do it in love for me.

Back to my Father soon I shall go
Do not forget me, then you will see
I am still with you, and you will know
you're very close to me.

Filled with my Spirit, how you will grow
You are my branches, I am the tree
If you are faithful, others will know
you are alive in me.

Love one another - I have loved you
and I have shown you how to be free
serve one another, and when you do
do it in love for me.

-----------------------

Comm 2: Come Receive Christ (sheet)

Sorry, only a sample mp3 clip available http://www.ocp.org/songs/77985

Refrain:
Come to the table prepared for you
come with a heart that is humble and true
Come and be filled; with faith anew
come, receive Christ given for you

1. Lord Jesus, receive us who come to your table
faithful disciples who yearn to be fed
Lord Jesus, receive us. (Refrain:)

2.Lord hear us, be near us when troubles assail us.
Strengthen the weary, the frightened, the lost.
Lord hear us, be near us (Refrain:)

3. Lord feed us and lead us in ways everlasting. Be our companion each day of our lives.
Lord feed us, and lead us.(Refrain:)

4. Beside us, Lord guide us to serve one another,
caring for neighbor, for stranger, and friend
Beside us, Lord guide us. (Refrain:)

Come receive Christ given for you.

-----------------------

Final: 920 A new commandment

Please note the lyrics in the verse are different on the video, pls refer instead to the lyrics below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXcV5wVkdqY&feature=related

Refrain:
A new commandment I give unto you,
That you love one another as I have loved you,
That you love one another as I have loved you.

By this shall all mankind know that you are my disciples,
if you have love one for another.
By this shall all mankind know that you are My disciples,
if you have love one for another.

(Repeat Refrain)


No comments:

Post a Comment