Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 October 2018

29th Sunday OT Yr B 21 Oct 2018

Entrance:  924 Servant song
Gloria:  489 The Gloria (Mass of Creation – revised setting)
Psalm:  spoken
Alleluia: 261 alleluia
Offertory:  608 Take my hands Holy Holy: 490s  Mass of Creation (revised setting)
Mem. Acc.: 491  We Proclaim (Mass of Creation)
Communion 
749 Servant King 
721 How great thou art (O Lord my God)
Final: 883 Christ be our light


Entrance:  924  Servant Song

Brother, sister, let me serve you
Let me be as Christ to you;
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant, too.

We are pilgrims on a journey
We are trav'llers on the road;
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night-time of your fear;
I will hold my hand out to you,
Speak the peace you long to hear.

I will weep when you are weeping;
When you laugh I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through.

When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony,
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony.
(repeat verse 1)


Gloria:  489 The Gloria (Mass of Creation – revised setting)
soprano: https://youtu.be/dyJXI3JUJ3w
alto: 
https://youtu.be/RxQ4DqZ6PrE
tenor: 
https://youtu.be/5vGcQg5LTbY
bass: 
https://youtu.be/VnVRpn9uHBw
SATB a cappella: 
https://youtu.be/mtTrwNK8DOY

Refrain:
Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to people
of good will. (repeat first time)

We praise you,
we bless you,
we adore you,
we glorify you,
we give you thanks for your great glory,
Lord God, heavenly King,
O God, almighty Father. (refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ, Only Begotten Son,
Lord God, Lamb of God,
Son of the Father,
you take away the sins of the world,
have mercy on us;
you take away the sins of the world,
receive our prayer;
you are seated at the right hand
of the Father,
have mercy on us.  (refrain)

For you alone are the Holy One,
you alone are the Lord,
you alone are the Most High,
Jesus Christ,
with the Holy Spirit,
in the glory of God the Father.
Amen.  (refrain)


Psalm:  spoken

Alleluia: 261 alleluia - plainchant

Offertory:  608 Take my hands 

Take my hands and make them as your own,
And use them for your kingdom here on earth,
Consecrate them to your care,
Anoint them for your service where,
You may need your Gospel to be sown.

Take my hands they speak now for my heart,
And by their actions they will show their love,
Guard them on their daily course,
Be their strength and guiding force,
To ever serve the Trinity above.

Take my hands I give them to you Lord,
Prepare them for the service of your name,
Open them to human need,
And by their love they'll sow your seed,
So all may know the love and hope you give,

Take my hands, take my hands O Lord.

Holy Holy: 490s  Holy Holy     Mass of Creation (revised setting)

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest.
Blessed is he who comes in the name
of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.

491s Memorial Acc. 1 -Mass of Creation (revised setting)
We proclaim your Death, O Lord,
and profess your Resurrection
until you come again, until you come again.


Communion 
749  Servant King

From heaven You came, helpless babe
Entered our world, Your glory veiled
Not to be served but to serve
And give Your life that we might live

REFRAIN:
This is our God, the Servant King
He calls us now to follow Him
To bring our lives as a daily offering
Of worship to the Servant King..

There in the garden of tears
My heavy load He chose to bear;
His heart with sorrow was torn,
Yet not my will, but Yours he said.

Come see His hands and his feet,
The scars that speak of sacrifice
Hands that flung stars into space
To cruel nails surrendered

So let us learn now to serve,
And in our lives enthrone Him
Each other's needs to prefer
For it is Christ we're serving


721 How great thou art (O Lord my God)
721 O Lord my God (how great thou art)

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
(refrain)

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
(refrain)

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!" (refrain)



Final:  883 Christ be our Light

1. Longing for light, we wait in darkness.
Longing for truth, we turn to you.
Make us your own, your holy people,
light for the world to see.

Refrain
Christ, be our light! Shine in our hearts.
Shine through the darkness.
Christ, be our light!
Shine in your church gathered today.

2. Longing for peace, our world is troubled.
Longing for hope, many despair.
Your word alone has pow’r to save us.
Make us your living voice.

3. Longing for food, many are hungry.
Longing for water, many still thirst.
Make us your bread, broken for others,
shared until all are fed.

4. Longing for shelter, many are homeless.
Longing for warmth, many are cold.
Make us your building, sheltering others,
walls made of living stone.

5. Many the gifts, many the people,
many the hearts that yearn to belong.
Let us be servants to one another,
making your kingdom come.

No comments:

Post a Comment