Search This Blog

Friday 9 March 2018

4th Sunday Lent (Laetare Sunday) - SSMM Parish 10:30 AM Mass 11th March 2018

4th Sunday Lent 11th March 2018 - Laetare Sunday

Entrance   The light of Christ
GLORIA      (none)
Resp. Psalm  spoken
Gospel Acc  200 Praise to you  (Farrell)
Offertory  blest are you Lord
Holy Holy    plainchant
Mem. Acc.     plainchant
Lamb of God Plainchant
Communion:
795 I heard the voice of Jesus say
216 By the waters of Babylon
Final Hymn:  883 Christ be our Light


Entrance  747 The Light of Christ


Refrain:
The light of Christ
has come into the world (2x)

1. We all must be born again
to see the kingdom of God;
the water and the Spirit
bring new life in God's love

2. God gave up His only Son
out of love for the world
So that everyone who believes in Him
will live forever

3. The light of God has come to us
so that we might have salvation,
from the darkness of our sins,
we walk into glory with Christ Jesus.



GLORIA      (none)

Resp. Psalm  spoken

Gospel Acc  200 Praise to you  (Farrell)

Offertory 603 Blest are you Lord


Blest are You, Lord, God of all creation,
thanks to your goodness this bread we offer:
fruit of the earth, work of our hands,
it will become the bread of life.

Refrain:
Blessed be God! Blessed be God!
Blessed be God forever, Amen!
Blessed be God! Blessed be God!
Blessed be God forever, Amen!

Blest are You, Lord, God of all creation,
thanks to your goodness this wine we offer:
fruit of the earth, work of our hands,
it will become the cup of life.
 

Holy, Holy Plainchant   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzqtth5vFZM

Mem. Acc Plainchant  https://youtu.be/L5M-hQeiZYQ

Lamb of God  509 Agnus Dei XVIII  Plainchant (melody only)


Communion:

795 I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto me and rest;
lay down, you weary one, lay down
your head upon my breast."
I came to Jesus as I was,
so weary, worn, and sad;
I found in him a resting place,
and he has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
the living water; thirsty one,
stoop down and drink, and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
of that life-giving stream;
my thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
and now I live in him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"I am this dark world's light;
look unto me, your morn shall rise,
and all your day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
in him my Star, my Sun;
and in that light of life I'll walk
till traveling days are done.
 


216 By the Waters of Babylon

By the waters, the waters of Babylon,
we sat down and wept,
and wept for thee Zion
we remember thee, remember thee,
remember thee, Zion

On the willows, the willows of Babylon,
we hung up our harps our harps
for thee Zion
how can we sing, can we sing,
sing of thee, Zion,

There our captors, our captors from Babylon,
tried to make us sing, and sing, of thee Zion
but we could not sing, we could not sing,
 we could not sing, Zion.

Should I not remember Jerusalem.
Let my right hand wither, 
my tongue cleave to my mouth.
Should I prize not thee, I prize not thee, 
my joy, Jerusalem.

Anon. based on Psalm 136 (137). V.4 added by editors of Laudate

Final Hymn:  883 Christ be our Light




1. Longing for light, we wait in darkness.
Longing for truth, we turn to you.
Make us your own, your holy people,
light for the world to see.

Refrain
Christ, be our light! Shine in our hearts.
Shine through the darkness.
Christ, be our light!
Shine in your church gathered today.

2. Longing for peace, our world is troubled.
Longing for hope, many despair.
Your word alone has pow’r to save us.
Make us your living voice.

3. Longing for food, many are hungry.
Longing for water, many still thirst.
Make us your bread, broken for others,
shared until all are fed.

4. Longing for shelter, many are homeless.
Longing for warmth, many are cold.
Make us your building, sheltering others,
walls made of living stone.

5. Many the gifts, many the people,
many the hearts that yearn to belong.
Let us be servants to one another,
making your kingdom come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment