Search This Blog

Friday 17 March 2017

3rd Sunday Lent - 19th March 2017

Entrance. 408 O let all who thirst
Gospel Acc200 - Praise to you o christ our saviour
Offertory. 600 all that I am
Holy, Holy            Plainchant
Mem. Acc            Plainchant (Save us)
Communion       965 As the deer pants for water
                620 Lord, how can I repay
Final       795 I heard the voice of Jesus say


Entrance. 408 Come to the water (O let all who thirst)

1. O let all who thirst, let them come to the water.
And let all who have nothing, let them come to the Lord:
without money, without price. Why should you pay the price,
except for the Lord?

2. And let all who seek, let them come to the water.
And let all who have nothing, let them come to the Lord:
without money, without strife. Why should you spend your life,
except for the Lord?

3. And let all who toil, let them come to the water.
And let all who are weary, let them come to the Lord:
all who labor, without rest. How can your soul find rest,
except for the Lord?

4. And let all the poor, let them come to the water.
Bring the ones who are laden,
bring them all to the Lord:
bring the children without might. Easy the load and light:
come to the Lord. Come to the Lord.
Come to the Lord. Come to the Lord.


Gospel Acc 200 Praise to you o christ our saviour

Praise to you, O Christ, our Saviour,
Word of the Father, calling us to life;
Son of God who leads us to freedom:
glory to you, Lord Jesus Christ!


Offertory. 600 All that I am

All that I am, all that I do
All that I ever have, I offer now to You

refrain:
Take and sanctify these gifts
For your honour Lord
Knowing that I love and serve You
Is enough reward
(repeat verse 1)

2. All that I dream, All that I pray
All that I ever make I give to You today.
(refrain)

Holy, Holy          Plainchant


Mem. Acc            Plainchant (Save us)


Communion       965 As the deer pants for water
(beautiful version though lyrics are slightly different -old english)

As the deer pants for the water
So my soul longs after you
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship you

Refrain:
You alone are my strength, my shield
To you alone will my spirit yield
You alone are my hearts desire
And I long to worship you

I want you more than gold or silver
Only you can satisfy
You alone are the real joy giver
And the apple of my eye

You're my friend and you are my Father
Even though you are my King
I love you more than any other
So much more than anything


620 Lord, how can I repay

Refrain:
Lord, how can I repay
All you ever give to me?
Your endless love an eternal flame:
Lord, if you say the word,
I will take your blessing cup
And I will call on your holy name

1.I trusted, went on trusting,
Through the night of pain
In my anguish and affliction
Human help was vain (refrain)

2. In the service of your people
I will spend my days
Giving freely of my life-blood
As I walk your ways (refrain)

3. You unbound me, gave me freedom
You I gladly serve.
In thanksgiving I will offer
Praise without reserve (refrain)

4. In the service of your people
I will spend my days
In your temple, in your Church, Lord,
Singing endless praise (refrain)


Final      795 I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto me and rest;
lay down, thou weary one, lay down
thy head upon my breast."
I came to Jesus as I was,
so weary, worn, and sad;
I found in him a resting place,
and he has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
the living water; thirsty one,
stoop down and drink, and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
of that life-giving stream;
my thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
and now I live in him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"I am this dark world's light;
look unto me, thy morn shall rise,
and all thy day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
in him my Star, my Sun;
and in that light of life I'll walk
till traveling days are done.



No comments:

Post a Comment