Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 October 2012

28th Sunday OT yr B 14 Oct 2012

Entrance: 980 Your words are spirit and life
Gloria:  (spoken)
Resp.Psalm:   (spoken)
Gospel Acclamaion:  Bernadette's Alleluia ?
Offertory:  872 My God accept my heart
Holy Holy:   German Mass
Mem. Acc.
Great Amen
Lamb of God: plainchant or spoken
Communion:
905 The Love of the Lord - new song to learn
877 The Summons
Final:   856 Take the word of God with you

Entrance: 980 Your words are spirit and life 
http://www.spiritandsong.com/compositions/10406  -we can play slightly faster and more flowing than in the original clip.

Refrain:
Your words are spirit and life, O Lord:
richer than gold, stronger than death.
Your words are spirit and life, O Lord;
life everlasting.

1. God’s law is perfect, refreshing the soul,
reviving the weary spirit.
God’s rule can be trusted: bringing us wisdom,
bringing God’s wisdom to birth.

2. God’s precepts keep us; their purpose is right.
They gladden the hearts of people.
God’s command is so clear it brings us new vision;
bringing God’s light to our eyes.

3. Living by God’s truth is holy and sure;
God’s presence is everlasting.
God’s truth is eternal, bringing us justice;
bringing God’s justice to earth.

4. God’s word is precious, desired more than gold;
worth more than we dare imagine
and, sweeter than honey, this word will feed us,
bringing fulfilment and joy.


Alle, Alleluia (Bernadette's Alleluia)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgzsYa6A2wY

Refrain:
Alle, alleluia! Alle, alleluia!
Alle, alleluia! Alleluia!

(reader says verse then repeat refrain)


Offertory: 872 My God accept my heart this day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFdjpgbf_ms

My God, accept my heart this day,
And make it wholly Thine,
That I from Thee no more may stray,
No more from Thee decline.

Before the cross of Him Who died,
Behold, I prostrate fall;
Let every sin be crucified,
And Christ be all in all.

Anoint me with Thy heavenly grace,
And seal me for Thine own,
That I may see Thy glorious face,
And worship at Thy throne.

Let every thought, and work, and word,
To Thee be ever given;
Then life shall be Thy service, Lord,
And Death the gate of Heaven.

All glory to the Father be,
All glory to the Son,
All glory, Holy Ghost, to thee,
while endless ages run.


578 Holy Holy  (German Mass)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLLZ3sKQZo

Holy, Holy, Holy
Lord God of hosts
Holy, Holy, Holy
Lord God of hosts
Heaven and earth are full
Full of your glory
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.
Blessed is he who comes
in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.

Memorial acc: 579  (german mass) – revised

When we eat this Bread
and drink this Cup,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
until you come again

Communion:

905 The Love of the Lord 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbDoMfbbUlw

1. All that I counted as gain,
now I consider as loss.
Empty and worthless to me,
in the light of the love of the Lord.

2. Riches and honours will fade,
earthly delight disappear.
Fade like the grass of the field,
in the light of the love of the Lord.

Refrain:
What more could bring us hope
than to know the pow’r of his life?
What more could bring us peace
than to share in his suff’ring and death?
What more could be our final wish
than to live in the love of the Lord?

3. Silver and gold have I none,
no land to count as my home.
Yet wealth beyond measure I own,
in the light of the love of the Lord.

4. Faith is the wealth I possess,
finding its souce in my God.
Faith in the promise of Christ,
is my life and my love of the Lord.
(Refrain)


877 The Summons (Will you come and follow me)
http://www.spiritandsong.com/compositions/30338
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0aAkOe87mo

Will you come and follow me
If I but call your name?
Will you go where you don’t know
And never be the same?
Will you let my love be shown,
Will you let my name be known,
Will you let my life be grown
In you and you in me?

2. Will you leave yourself behind
If I but call your name?
Will you care for cruel and kind
And never be the same?
Will you risk the hostile stare
Should your life attract or scare?
Will you let me answer prayer
In you and you in me?

3. Will you let the blinded see
If I but call your name?
Will you set the pris’ners free
And never be the same?
Will you kiss the leper clean,
And do such as this unseen,
And admit to what I mean
In you and you in me?

4. Will you love the ‘you’ you hide
If I but call your name?
Will you quell the fear inside
And never be the same?
Will you use the faith you’ve found
To reshape the world around,
Through my sight and touch and sound
In you and you in me?

5. Lord, your summons echoes true
When you but call my name.
Let me turn and follow you
And never be the same.
In your company I’ll go
Where your love and footsteps show.
Thus I’ll move and live and grow
In you and you in me.

Final 856 Take the word of God with you
http://www.ocp.org/compositions/7303

1. Take the word of God with you as you go.
Take the seeds of God's word and make them grow.

Refrain
Go in peace to serve the world,
in peace to serve the world.
Take the love of God,
the love of God with you as you go.

2. Take the peace of God with you as you go.
Take the seeds of God's peace and make them grow.

3. Take the joy of God with you as you go.
Take the seeds of God's joy and make them grow.

4. Take the love of God with you as you go.
Take the seeds of God's love and make them grow.





No comments:

Post a Comment