Search This Blog

Thursday 15 September 2011

25th Sunday in OT 18 Sept 2011

Entrance 462 Gather your people, O Lord
Gloria spoken
Resp. Psalm
Gosp. Acc. 543 African Alleluia
Offertory 608 take my hands
Holy Holy spoken
Mem. Acc.
Great Amen
Lamb of God spoken
Communion 743 All that is Hidden
620 Lord, how can I repay
Final 731 For the fruits of all Creation

Entrance 462 Gather your people, O Lord
http://www.spiritandsong.com/compositions/7402 (click on the speaker/preview icon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA2ihIGMA2Q

Refrain
Gather your people, O Lord.
Gather your people, O Lord.
One bread, one body, one spirit of love.
Gather your people, O Lord.

1. Draw us forth to the table of life:
brothers and sisters,
each of us called to walk in your light.

2. We are parts of the body of Christ,
needing each other,
each of the gifts the Spirit provides.

3. No more harm on the mountain of God;
swords into plowshares.
Free us, O Lord, from hardness of heart.

Gloria spoken
Resp. Psalm not sung

Gosp. Acc. 543 South African Alleluia (all parts-SATB)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW1mfG6Z6yo

Alleluia, Alleluia!
Alleluia, Alleluia!
Alleluia, Alleluia!
Alleluia, Alleluia!


Offertory 608 - Take my hands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnYzagXbJ3k

Take my hands and make them as your own,
And use them for your Kingdom here on earth,
Consecrate them to your care,
Anoint them for your service where,
You may need your Gospel to be sown.

Take my hands they speak now for my heart,
And by their actions they will show their love,
Guard them on their daily course,
Be their strength and guiding force,
To ever serve the Trinity above.

Take my hands I give them to you Lord,
Prepare them for the service of your name,
Open them to human need,
And by their love they'll sow your seed,
So all may know the love and hope you give,

Take my hands, take my hands O Lord.

Holy Holy spoken
Mem. Acc.
Great Amen
Lamb of God spoken

Communion

743 All that is hidden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3hkmFu1JCM

Cantor:
If you would follow me,
follow where life will lead:
Do not look for me among the dead,
For I am hidden in pain, risen in love;
There is no harvest without sowing of grain.

Refrain (all:)
All that is hidden will be made clear.
All that is dark now will be revealed.
What you have heard in the dark
proclaim in the light;
What you hear in whispers
proclaim from the housetops.

Cantor:
If you would honour me,
honour the least of these:
you will not find me dressed in finery.
My Word cries out to be heard;
breaks through the world:
my Word is on your lips and lives in your heart.
(Refrain)

Choir:
If you would speak of me,
live all your life in me.
my ways are not the ways that you would choose;
my thoughts are far beyond yours,
as heaven from earth:
If you believe in me my voice will be heard.
(Refrain)

Choir:
If you would rise with me,
rise through your destiny:
do not refuse the death which brings you life,
for as the grain in the earth
must die for rebirth,
So I have planted your life deep within mine.

620 Lord, how can I repay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Srph2MJZLw

Refrain:
Lord, how can I repay
All you ever give to me?
Your endless love an eternal flame:
Lord, if you say the word,
I will take your blessing cup
And I will call on your holy name

1.I trusted, went on trusting,
Through the night of pain
In my anguish and affliction
Human help was vain (refrain)

2. In the service of your people
I will spend my days
Giving freely of my life-blood
As I walk your ways (refrain)

3. You unbound me, gave me freedom
You I gladly serve.
In thanksgiving I will offer
Praise without reserve (refrain)

4. In the service of your people
I will spend my days
In your temple, in your Church, Lord,
Singing endless praise (refrain)


Final             731 For the fruits of all Creation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtFd_aLkbKE

For the fruits of all creation, thanks be to God;
for these gifts to every nation, thanks be to God;
for the ploughing, sowing, reaping,
silent growth while we are sleeping,
future needs in earth's safekeeping, thanks be to God.

In the just reward of labor, God's will is done;
In the help we give our neighbour, God's will is done;
In our world-wide task of caring,
for the hungry and despairing,
in the harvests we are sharing, God's will is done.

For the harvests of the Spirit, thanks be to God;
For the good we all inherit, thanks be to God;
For the wonders that astound us,
for the truths that still confound us,
most of all that love has found us, thanks be to God.

Words: Fred Pratt Green (1903-2000) © 1970 by Hope Publishing Co., Carol Stream, IL 60188. All rights reserved.
Music: Ar hyd y nos, All through the night, © Francis Jackson, Nether Garth, Acklam, Moulton, Yorks.

No comments:

Post a Comment