Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 June 2011

14th Sunday (Ordinary Time Yr A) - 3rd July 2011

(UPDATE: 2nd communion hymn was changed to 408 Come to the Water; all lyrics and links added.)

Entrance: 713 Sing of the Lord's Goodness
Gloria     Glory to God in the Highest (Bradford)
Psalm 144: Hymn # 63 (Laudate) Response 2
Gosp. Acc.    543 African Alleluia
Offertory     874 take my life
Holy Holy    578 german mass
Mem. Acc.    579 german mass
Great Amen    580 german mass
Lamb of God    591 Berthier
Communion:
964 Be not afraid
408  Come to the water
Final: 795 I heard the voice of Jesus say

-------------------------------------

Entrance: 713 Sing of the Lord's Goodness
start at 1:06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pah5OIh3h6o

Sing of the Lord's goodness,
Father of all wisdom,
come to Him and bless His name.
Mercy he has shown us,
His love is forever,
faithful to the end of days.

Refrain:
Come then, all you nations,
sing of your Lord's goodness,
melodies of praise and thanks to God.
Ring out the Lord's glory,
praise Him with your music,
worship Him and bless His name.

2. Power he has wielded,
honor is His garment
risen from the snares of death.
His word he has spoken,
one bread he has broken,
new life he now gives to all.

3. Courage in our darkness,
comfort in our sorrow,
Spirit of our God most high;
solace for the weary,
pardon for the sinner,
splendor of the living God.

4. Praise Him with your singing,
praise Him with the trumpet,
praise God with the lute and harp;
praise Him with the cymbals,
praise Him with your dancing,
praise God till the end of days

Gloria     Glory To God In The Highest (Bradford chaplaincy version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ulCuYyDFI

Refrain: (first time cantor/choir, then repeat by all)
Glory to God in the highest
And peace to His people on earth
Glory to God in the highest
And peace to His people on earth

Lord God, Heavenly King,
Almighty God and Father
We worship You, we give You thanks
We praise You for Your glory (refrain)

Lord Jesus Christ,
The only Son of the Father
Lord God, Lamb of God
You take away the sins of the world
Have mercy on us
You are seated at the Father’s right hand
Receive our prayer (Refrain)

For You alone are the Holy One
You alone are the Lord
You alone are the Most High, Jesus Christ
With the Holy Spirit
In the glory of God the Father
You alone are the Most High,
A---- men (refrain)

Psalm 144: Hymn # 63 (Laudate) Response 2(optional)

Gosp. Acc.    543 African Alleluia (all parts-SATB)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW1mfG6Z6yo

Alleluia, Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!
Alleluia, Alleluia! Alleluia, Alleluia!

Offertory     874 Take my life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2jIBxJeCRg
http://www.oremus.org/hymnal/t/t007.html

Take my life, and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be
swift and purposeful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my intellect, and use
every power as thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
it shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
at Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.

Holy Holy    578 Holy Holy (German Mass)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLLZ3sKQZo

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord,
God of power and might.
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord,

God of power and might.

Heaven and earth are full
Full of your glory
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.

Blessed is he who comes
in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.

Memorial acc: 579 (german mass)
Christ has died, Christ is risen,
Christ will come again. (twice)


Great Amen    580 german mass

Lamb of God    591 O Lamb Of God (Berthier)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TSkAGtRSlw

O Lamb of God, O Lamb that was slain
O Lamb of God, have mercy on us
O Lamb of God, O Lamb that was slain
O Lamb of God, grant us your peace.

Communion:

964 Be not afraid


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeTpISSA5x8
http://youtu.be/MLjM8IlrVrk
http://www.spiritandsong.com/compositions/1389

You shall cross the barren desert
But you shall not die of thirst
You shall wander far in safety
Though you do not know the way
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
And all will understand
You shall see the face of God and live

Refrain:
Be not afraid
I go before you always
Come, follow me
And I will give you rest

If you pass the raging waters in the sea
You shall not drown
If you walk amid the burning flames
You shall not be harmed
If you stand before the power of hell
And death is at your side
Know that I am with you
Through it all (Refrain)

Blessed are the poor
For the kingdom shall be theirs
Blessed are you that weep and mourn
For one day you shall laugh
And if wicked tongues insult and hate you
All because of me
Blessed, blessed are you! (Refrain)

408  Come to the water
http://www.spiritandsong.com/compositions/76181

(light guitar, elec. guitar and violin-descant)
(1. O let all who thirst, let them come to the water.
And let all who have nothing, let them come to the Lord:
without money, without price. Why should you pay the price,
except for the Lord?

(enter bass and violin)
2. And let all who seek, let them come to the water.
And let all who have nothing, let them come to the Lord:
without money, without strife. Why should you spend your life,
(enter keyboard)
except for the Lord?

3. And let all who toil, let them come to the water.
And let all who are weary, let them come to the Lord:
all who labor, without rest. How can your soul find rest,
except for the Lord?

(keyboard and violin only)
4. And let all the poor, let them come to the water.
Bring the ones who are laden,
(enter bass and guitars)
bring them all to the Lord:
bring the children without might. Easy the load and light:
come to the Lord. Come to the Lord.
Come to the Lord. Come to the Lord.

(optional:)
I will run to you. I will run to you.
I will run to you, my Lord.
(4 bars till end)

Final: 795 I heard the voice of Jesus say
http://youtu.be/uqF4N7rdV-w
http://youtu.be/7RGgS4kyGWI

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down Thy head upon My breast.”
I came to Jesus as I was, weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting place, and He has made me glad.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one, stoop down, and drink, and live.”
I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life giving stream;
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in Him.

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “I am this dark world’s Light;
Look unto Me, thy morn shall rise, and all thy day be bright.”
I looked to Jesus, and I found in Him my Star, my Sun;
And in that light of life I’ll walk, till traveling days are done.

-------------------------

For your own listening pleasure: (no time to learn 2 new songs)


791 Come to me, O weary traveller
http://www.giamusic.com/search_details.cfm?title_id=8141

No comments:

Post a Comment