Search This Blog

Friday 13 November 2009

Songs for Nov. 15th 10:30 mass

Entrance 770 Shine Jesus Shine
Gloria 532 Gloria! (Salazar)
Responsorial Psalm 423 Centre of my life (The cantor will sing the verses)
Alleluia 72 Stay awake (Acclamation)
Offertory: 607 Let all mortal flesh
Communion 1: 721 O Lord my God
Communion 2: Shout to the Lord (lyrics are provided)
Final 785 Though the mountains may fall...

-------------------------------

Entrance 770 Shine Jesus Shine (Lord, the light of your love)
lyrics and music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3iB30gCqAc


------------------
Gloria 532 Gloria! (Salazar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArcxjW96Mqk

Refrain:
Glory! Glory! glory to God!
Glory! Glory! glory to God!

1. Glory to God in the heights of the heavens
Peace to God's people, all people on earth (Refrain)
2. Son of the Father, all glory and worship.
Praise and thanksgiving to you, Lamb of God. (Refrain)
3. You take away the sin of the world
Have mercy on us, receive our prayer (Refrain)
4. Seated in pow'r at the right of the Father,
jesus alone is the Lord, the Most High. (Refrain)
5. And with the Spirit of love everlasting.
Reigning in glory for ever Amen. (Refrain)

------------------
Responsorial Psalm 423 Centre of my life (The cantor will sing the verses)

http://www.imeem.com/people/rgdOK3l/music/_o1wgd02/paul-inwood-center-of-my-life/

Center of My Life

(All) Refrain:
O Lord, you are the center of my life
I will always praise you, I will always serve you
I will always keep you in my sight

(Cantor:)
1. Keep me safe O God, I take refuge in you.
I say to the Lord "You are my God,
My happiness lies in you alone,
My happiness lies in you alone." (refrain)

2. I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel,
Who even at night directs my heart.
I keep the Lord ever in my sight
Since He is at my right I shall stand firm. (refrain)

3. And so my heart rejoices, my soul is glad
Even in safety shall my body rest
For you will not leave my soul among the dead,
Nor let your beloved know decay. (refrain)

4. You will show me the path of life,
The fullness of joy in your presence,
At your right hand, at your right hand
Happiness forever. (refrain)
-----------------

Alleluia 72 Stay awake (Acclamation)

--------------------

Offertory: 607 Let all mortal flesh

This link is to a video of a version by Jeff Mecare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywVMxW3BUW8
This one is a Cynthia Clawson version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spwcPxux740

Let all mortal flesh keep silence
And with fear and trembling stand
Ponder nothing worldly minded
For with blessing in His hand

Christ our God to Earth descendeth
Our full homage to demand

King of Kings yet born of Mary
As of all on Earth He stood
Lord of Lords in human nature
In the body and the blood

He will give to all the faithful
His own self for heavenly food

At His feet the six-winged Seraph
Cherubim with watchful eye
Veiled their faces to His presence
As with ceaseless voice they cry:

"Hallelujah Ha-llelujah...
Hallelujah, Lord, most High!"
--------------------

Communion 1: 721 O Lord my God
Carrie underwood's version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhvaDJTUmrU

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
(refrain)

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
(refrain)

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
(refrain)
---------------------

Communion 2: Shout to the Lord (lyrics are provided)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71XhjqoHvs

Communion #2: Shout to the Lord

(soloist)
My Jesus, My Savior,
Lord, there is none like You;
All of my days I want to praise
(soloist 1 & 2)
the wonders of Your mighty love.

My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength;
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You.

(All) Refrain:
Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King;
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name.

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands,
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand,
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You.
(All singers repeat from beginning)

Nothing compares to the promise I have in You. (2 X)
-------------------------

Final 785 Though the mountains may fall...

http://musicministry.starcatcher.ca/hymns/songview.php?id=18

For the audio file,please just scroll down till you find the title.

http://musicministry.starcatcher.ca/index.php?type=list

No comments:

Post a Comment